Muddy Girl Run

Options
Wretched61
Wretched61 Posts: 36 Member
I just completed a Muddy Girl Run in Scranton, PA this past weekend! Has anyone else done one of those?

Replies

• sadiebrawl
    sadiebrawl Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    I did one called Rugged Maniac. They are fun!
  • RobP1192
    RobP1192 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Way to go getting in your muddy girl run! I did warrior dash. They're fun. Not too bad. Mudruns are nice if you get bored with the typical 5k-10k. I like the obstacles and they seem to come every quarter-mile, so you don't get too bored just running, and can actually run at a faster pace. Looking forward to doing a spartan race or tough mudder.
  • jtempalski
    jtempalski Posts: 80
    Options
    I didn't but had fun seeing al lof my Wilkes-barre area friends (my hometown) post pictures... wish I knew about it! I so would have drove up from VA for that! :-) Hope you had a blast.
  • KandyW02
    KandyW02 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am participating in the Dirty Girl Mud Run (same one you did, I believe) in July!! I'm so excited and can't wait! It will be my first ever 5K or Fun Run!

Way to go on your accomplishment and I certainly hope you had tons of fun!
  • happydaze71
    happydaze71 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I've done Tough Mudder, The Stampede and Tough Bloke, all great fun!
  • JustCallMeTori
    JustCallMeTori Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I did my first mud run in March, the Dirty Girl Mud Run and am currently training to do the Warrior Dash in November! I love them so much more than your regular run on the pavement events. :)
  • EllaIsNotEnchanted
    EllaIsNotEnchanted Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Merrill down and dirty
    Tough mudder
    Spartan Beast.

Those are my regular races. :)

signed up for the Spartan Beast and 7sar (it's new!!!).
    Will not be able to do Tough Mudder this summer and completely bummed about it.
  • Wretched61
    Wretched61 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I was doing 2 5K's a year and wanted to try something different. I always wanted to do an obstacle course run. It was loads of fun, and very telling on the strength training I need to improve on!

I am looking into a Zombie Run next. Can you tell I'm getting bored with straight races? LOL!
  • donnacervelli11
    donnacervelli11 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I've done Tough Mudder and the Rebel Run. I had so much fun that I've signed up for another Tough Mudder and the Super Spartan this summer.

I'm glad you had a great time! For me, they kind of help keep me on track with training. Knowing that I have to be able to x,y,z by a certain date keeps me inspired to continue my training (even if I'm not feeling it that day).
  • KatGreenGo
    KatGreenGo Posts: 14
    Options
    I did one here in California called " Kiss Me Dirty" and on June 2nd there is a mud run called " Mud and Blood" where zombie's chase you and try to grab your flags as you go through the obstacle course!! Fun Fun!!