I haven't noticed results yet, some advice?

so for about the past month i've made a complete lifestyle change
I'm 17, 5'4" and about 120 pounds, and i honestly don't care about my weight, i just want to slim down and tone up a bit!
I've been eating super clean; mostly organic foods, lots of fruits, veggies, and nuts and my calorie amount at the end of the day is usually between 1300-1500
I'm also drinking the recommended 8 glasses of water
for last 2 and half weeks, i've been exercising pretty lightly, but recently have started a more structured routine that lasts about 50 minutes 4-5 days a week
it's been a month now and I haven't really noticed any difference in my body, if anything i almost feel bigger?
I don't think i'm necessarily doing anything wrong, I just want to see results!!!
Similar experiences or advice, please share! I'm beginning to get a bit discouraged :/

Replies

• crazy4fids
    crazy4fids Posts: 173
    If that is you in your profile picture...it doesn't really look like you need to loose weight. You might be happy if you just pick up some weights or resistance bands and work on building muscle.

What kind of exercise are you currently doing?

The other thing is you need to open up your food diary so we can see what you are eating. Weight loss is 80% nutrition and 20% exercise.
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    If your goal is to tone, it might be a good idea to take your measurements every few weeks and measure your progress that way especially since you are already in your ideal weight range.
  • 315natalie
    315natalie Posts: 3
    my exercises currently consist of biking for about 4 miles (that takes about 30 minutes), ab workouts i find on youtube, arm engaging exercises that i do with weights, dancing, walking, and occasionally a jillian michael's video
    I don't really have time for anything else currently since i'm so busy with school, but once it's summer i hope to add more to my routine!
  • AbsoluteNG
    AbsoluteNG Posts: 1,079 Member
    The next step for you would be lifting heavy and eating more protein.
  • Live4theLift
    Live4theLift Posts: 329
    Toning will involve weights, you prob dont need to lose any weight so i would focus more on light weight lifting instead of cardio.