Fitbit Flex or Jawbone UP

Options
Is anyone using the Jawbone UP and would you recommend it? The Fitbit Flex is brand new so I do not think many people have tried it out yet. Just testing the waters to see if it is worth all the money. Thank you!

Replies

• ccr214
    ccr214 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I bought the fitbit yesterday just to see what I thought of it...this morning I ordered the UP. I like the fitbit, and its info, but I like the style of the UP. I don't have it yet, but I've overwhelmed myself with info researching this and think I'll be happy with the UP. My phone doesn't sync with my fitbit and is done by the computer only. This is a slight bother since I travel a lot and won't take my computer with me. I like the idea of having the UP just plug into my phone and instantly update my info.
  • ze_hombre
    ze_hombre Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I have been using a Fitbit Zip for a long time now and am debating on upgrading to the Flex. I want to see what comes out of this conversation as I have been eyeballing the Jawbone one as well. The lack of Fitbit being able to only sync on iPhones and having to use my computer is a bit irritating, but I am a programmer so I tend to be around my PC a lot.
  • magurski
    magurski Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    The syncing issues with the Fitbit on most non-iPhone devices are holding me back from picking one up. While I'd love instant updates, plugging into my phone is the next best thing. I almost ordered the UP yesterday, until I realized I needed to find my size, and just keep forgetting to do so.

The Fitbit sync issue might not be so bad, as I'm also at my computer pretty much all the time, but I don't use a "supported" system, and really don't feel like trying to force it.
  • LadyThanata
    LadyThanata Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I have the flex.

I'm lending it to my Boyfriend to test it out before I return it to Best Buy.

It was a pain in the butt to get the band on my wrist.

It doesn't synce with my Droid 4- Thats super lousy. I was in NYC and walked about 8 miles, the whole time I was slightly annoyed that I couldn't check my miles,or steps or calories.

I also bought a HRM watch to test that. See which one works for me.

If my boyfriend doesn't like it either, its going back.
  • youdontknowwhatyousaw
    youdontknowwhatyousaw Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I bought a fitbit flex and returned it already. It misread so many arm movments as steps. I was doing a repetitive arm movement at work while wearing it, it counted over 6000 steps I never took. It also counted steps while I was driving to work. Plus, it didn't log my sleep. Exchanged it for the Up and I am much happier, there are still arm movements counted as steps, but, not nearly as many and it can tell the difference between driving and walking.
  • photosarah
    photosarah Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I have a Fitbit and it syncs with my iPhone so it's pretty great. Gives me weekly progress reports, and "badges" for encouragement.
  • LadyThanata
    LadyThanata Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Bought the flex, gave it to my BF- it didn't synce with my Droid 4. That seriously annoyed me.
    Got the Jawbone Up- So far I like it, synce to my cell phone. However I miss the web interface of FitBit. Jawbone does not have one..

Anyone have the Up- Friend me!
  • psm450
    psm450 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Both devices are cool for what they do. I had a Jawbone Up and it died after a few months, if you look at Amazon reviews you will see that its pretty common for them to die. I have a FitBit Flex now and so far so good. I sync it with an iPad and that works well. It wont sync with my Droid, bummer. The FitBit is more comfortable to wear and the simple display gives an indication of progress