Chia Seeds...

Options
fitnh
fitnh Posts: 238 Member
I have been using Chia seeds in my smoothies, for so many of their health benefits. I also know people use them in recipes.

What do you use your Chia seed with or in.....other than growing hair on a bald guy or hair on a bald animal :happy:

Replies

• SavBrookeS
    SavBrookeS Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Overnight oatmeal.
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    At least with where I shop flax seeds are cheaper and nutritionally very similar, but I just blend it with oatmeal.
  • mamacita721
    mamacita721 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I have been told that you can make a "puuding" with them using almond milk as a replacement for cereal in the morning. Looking for a recipe now...
  • mommydore
    mommydore Posts: 3
    Options
    I mixed 3 Tbsp of chia in a glass of 8 oz of cold Almond milk and a splash of maple syrup ( next time i'll use stevia to save calories) and let it stand for 10 min...then stirred to get lumps out. I did this process a few times . I think I was going for the pudding thing but I drank it. It was delicious! I think I'm going to use this as a afternoon snack. so tasty and kept me full for a good while. Actually, yesterday was my first day trying Chia. I love it.
  • mostlybadfly
    mostlybadfly Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just did a recipe on my site for a pudding made by mixing 1 cup of plain nonfat kefir with 1/4 cup of chia seeds. I let it sit overnight and enjoyed this morning it was excellent with a bit of agave nectar and cinnamon. feeling full and energetic this morning!
  • fitnh
    fitnh Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the recipes. I am going to try them.

@mostlybadfly....do you have a website with recipes?