Passed MFP goal! Lost over 1/2 my body weight PICS

Options
christibam
christibam Posts: 478 Member
I have had a history of binge eating and bulimia since High School and I finally figured out why I was doing it after a few years of therapy. Soooooo I had already been eating a little better and working out a little and that was just the push I needed to keep me going in the right direction and to do it the healthiest way I could. I thought it would take longer than a year and a half but here I am.

I think the biggest thing was using this site and the app on my phone at first to keep track of what I ate. I had no idea I was actually eating 5,000+ calories every day. No wonder I was pushing 300lbs (308 at one point). Once I got used to what I was supposed to be eating, it was pretty easy for me to just stick to that and just eat when I was hungry. I also hardly craved the same junk I ate before. It helped me learn how to cook for myself and my tastes just changed.

The last few months though haven't been all will power though. I started having seizures on New Years Eve and we still haven't figured out exactly why. My anti-epileptic medications have been making me feel like crap on and off so my diet has been sort of hit or miss. All I know is that I haven't gained anything back and I haven't binged or purged in well over a year. It feels awesome.

I just watched a video I made 11 weeks into my weight loss journey that was made as a message to my future self for when I hit my goal weight. It could have been watched over the weekend but I wasn't reminded of it until tonight. I cried when I made the video and I cried when I watched it. I can't believe I've lost over 1/2 my body weight since December 2011 . . . I really can't. From 298 to 146. A size 22-26/4X (I think) to a 6-8/S now.

Thank you to everyone that has been here for me this entire time. You've been more help this last year and a half than you may realize.

946914_652669841417058_1700525442_n.jpg

945649_652669804750395_1439069130_n.jpg

I've heard/seen people say that everyone looks so crappy in their before pictures and then dresses all up in their after pictures so they look even better . . . so here I am. Lookin' like *kitten* and lookin' like *kitten* tired. :) My pants are fluffy and my tummy is not. This makes me happy.

To add:

Do I have extra skin?
Hell to the **** yes, I do. It's tightening up slowly though. I guess that's a perk to being 26 and well hydrated?

What did I eat?
Whatever the **** I wanted. Just smaller amounts. Once my tastes changed, a lot of the junk made it's way out on it's own.

What exercises did I do?
I used to run. A lot. I also used to use a book called Convict Conditioning. Now I mainly just walk to and from work and then walk on my breaks. I also go to the amusement park in town and run around like an idiot on weekends.

What advice can I give?
Don't give up on yourself. Ever. Just don't. Trust me. I ****ed up a lot and I still do. It's normal. Just bounce back from it and don't let it be the end of you. Find yourself a support system. Post about it all over your facebook if you want . . . that's what I did. The more you put yourself out there: the more likely you are to keep up with it rather than slip back or become a recluse. Also, make a video to your future self. I cried watching it tonight and even just seeing the file on my desktop every now and then knowing I couldn't let myself watch it until I hit my goal would push me sometimes.

Replies

• chaser1977
    chaser1977 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Absolutely amazing!
  • orapronobis
    orapronobis Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous. And you look happy! Love your smile.
  • Hopelessone
    Hopelessone Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss, that is amazing!! You look wonderful.
  • smilingalltheway
    smilingalltheway Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    WOW WOW WOW all I can say is WOW you are amazing
  • skinnylynnie74
    skinnylynnie74 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    The weight loss is a by-product of the amazing inner work and transformation. But what a wonderful by-product it is. You are one of those people who really DOES look like a completely different person in your AFTER picture. I have such compassion for you! And now, you can offer your strength and inspiration to others who need it... What a gift you are.
  • ApocalypticFae
    ApocalypticFae Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Incredible transformation! Congratulations!
  • Scene_Cutie
    Options
    Great job!

BTW I'm wearing the same Hellp Kitty pants XD
  • phatnotfat81
    phatnotfat81 Posts: 171
    Options
    Girl, you look awesome! Hope you feel better :flowerforyou:
  • christibam
    Options
    Great job!

BTW I'm wearing the same Hellp Kitty pants XD

HIGH FIVE!!!!!! These things are comfy as heck.

Amiright?
  • Hungryhungryhipp0
    Options
    Wow you look great! Wonderful job! :)
  • NaturallyandProperly
    NaturallyandProperly Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    So inspiring!!! You have made an amazing accomplishment!!!!! I am so proud of you and don't know you!!! awesome awesome awesome!!!! wow........ so in aww... wtg!!!
  • christibam
    Options
    The weight loss is a by-product of the amazing inner work and transformation. But what a wonderful by-product it is. You are one of those people who really DOES look like a completely different person in your AFTER picture. I have such compassion for you! And now, you can offer your strength and inspiration to others who need it... What a gift you are.

This is one of the sweetest things anyone has ever said to me. Thank you.

Hopefully this will carry on into my career as a therapist when I'm done with school.
  • freelancejouster
    freelancejouster Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    fantastic!
  • Ashwee87
    Ashwee87 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    You freakin ROCK! Awesome job!!!
  • Ultragirl2374
    Ultragirl2374 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Simply awesome!
  • Gr8ChangesAhead
    Gr8ChangesAhead Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    You look incredible...
  • asia_hanebach
    asia_hanebach Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Wtg!! You look fantastic!!
  • KellyDeitrick
    KellyDeitrick Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Awesome...just awesome! You should be so proud! You looking amazing!!
  • meaningful99
    meaningful99 Posts: 174
    Options
    Love your story. Thanks for sharing, and congrats on your transformation. You look beautiful!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I :heart: what you've done with yourself. You've got a great attitude and you look gorgeous! :drinker:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!