Motivation for a better tomorrow! Introduction!

Options
As a victim of sexual/verbal/physical abuse for 10 of 25 years of my life, I've struggled with self worth,trust issues and deep deep depression there was a point in my life where I didn't want to wake up didn't want to get dressed I literally locked myself away like a prisoner to the point I wouldn't leave my home! I'd cry on a daily basis asking why oh why! It came to the point where i thought my own family hated me and were disgusted of me due to the fact i was over weight i closed out everyone blocking all my emotions attracting negative attention from others thinking thats all i deserved! I simply couldn't take it any longer I didn't even know what I enjoyed doing for fun when someone asked me or the questions like what are your goals I would be like hmmm and draw a blank! That very moment was my wake up call! I couldn't let the bad people in my life bring me down or they would win I said I must take back my life because I knew there is a sweet a amazing vibrant person just wanting to come out so here I am!
I since then enrolled I to college and have lost 25lbs I do not ever want to go back to my old ways ever sitting around feel sorry for myself not realizing I am the one in control of my life! So ladies or anyone reading this just know you have control of your life and remember things can always be worse!

My favorite quotes for thought:

“This life is what you make it. No matter what, you're going to mess up sometimes, it's a universal truth. But the good part is you get to decide how you're going to mess it up. Girls will be your friends - they'll act like it anyway. But just remember, some come, some go. The ones that stay with you through everything - they're your true best friends. Don't let go of them. Also remember, sisters make the best friends in the world. As for lovers, well, they'll come and go too. And baby, I hate to say it, most of them - actually pretty much all of them are going to break your heart, but you can't give up because if you give up, you'll never find your soulmate. You'll never find that half who makes you whole and that goes for everything. Just because you fail once, doesn't mean you're gonna fail at everything. Keep trying, hold on, and always, always, always believe in yourself, because if you don't, then who will, sweetie? So keep your head high, keep your chin up, and most importantly, keep smiling, because life's a beautiful thing and there's so much to smile about.”
― Marilyn Monroe

I tried to climb the mountain today. As I inched my way up the path, I felt out of breath and had to turn back.
I tried to climb the mountain today. But, It was so hot outside, I thought I had better stay in my nice air-conditioned house and rest up for tomorrow's attempt.
I tried to climb the mountain today. On my journey, darkness started to fall and I was full of fear, so I had to return to a safe place.
I was ready to climb the mountain today. But I had so may other things to do, so instead of climbing the mountain I took care of the much more important tasks; I washed my car, mowed the grass and watched the big game. Today the mountain will have to wait.
I was going to climb the mountain today. But as I stared at the mountain in all it's majestic beauty, I knew I had no chance of making it to the top, so I figured why even begin trying.
I had forgotten about climbing the mountain today, until an old friend came by and asked what I was up to lately. I told him about all my plans to climb that mountain someday. I went on and on about how I was going to accomplish the task.
He stopped me and said, "I just got back from climbing that mountain. for the longest time I told myself I was going to try to climb it but never made any progress."
"I almost let the dream of making it to the top die. I came up with every excuse of why I could not make it up the mountain, but never once did I give myself a reason why I could. One day as I stared at the mountain and pondered, I realized that if I didn't make an attempt at this dream all my dreams would eventually die."
" The next morning, I started my climb. It was not easy, and at times I wanted to quit. But no matter what I faced, I placed one foot in front of the other, keeping a steady pace. When the wind tried to blow me over the edge, I kept walking. When the voices inside my head screamed, stop! I focused on my goal, never letting it out of sight. I kept moving forward. I could not quit because I knew I had come too far to stop now. Time and time again, I reassured myself that I was going to finish this journey. I struggled mightily to make it to the top, but I CLIMBED THE MOUNTAIN."
"I have to be going," my friend said. "Tomorrow is a new day to accomplish more dreams. By the way what are you going to do tomorrow?"
I looked at him, with intensity and confidence in my eyes, and said, "I HAVE A MOUNTAIN TO CLIMB."Author unknown

"When you name your fear you can face it.
When you face it you can defeat it!" By CW on bootcamp buddies

"Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its troubles; it empties today of its strength."
Author unknown

Someone will always be prettier.
They will always be smarter.
Their house will be bigger.
They will drive a better car.
Their children will do better in school.
And their husband will fix more things around the house.
So let it go,
and love you and your circumstances.
Think about it.
The prettiest woman in the world can have hell in her heart.
And the most highly favored
Woman on your job may be unable to have children.
And the richest woman you know,
she's got the car, the house, the clothes....might be lonely.
And the word says if "I have not Love, I am nothing."
So, again, love you.
Love who you are.
Look in the mirror in the morning and smile and say
"I am too blessed to be stressed and too anointed to be disappointed!"
"Winners make things happen.
Losers let things happen."
"To the world you might be one person,
but to one person you just might be the world".

I wish everyone the best on there journey for better healthier tomorrow! Say today is the day I'm gonna take control of my life!

"The greatest thing you have is the 24 hours in front
of you.
The past is gone; the future is distant.
Today you CAN succeed.
Set a goal you can achieve in the next 24 hours."

Any positive ladies feel free to add me!

Replies

• Nicole65
    Nicole65 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear that you're in a better place now and that you're not letting others bring you down!!
  • StabR80
    StabR80 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    It is amazing the struggles people go through and conquer!! Thanks for sharing this :-)
  • StArBeLLa87
    StArBeLLa87 Posts: 1,582 Member
    Options
    Ty you so much!
  • Champagnehill
    Options
    things i have learnt: You can only be you - be the best you you can. Forgive yourself when you make mistakes. Remember that nearly everyone has self doubt and self confidence problems - some are just better at faking confidence. Discover the things that make you feel good, for me it is being outside, sunshine, friends and creating things. I wish you all the best for your journey.