WHERE is he putting the food??

Options
odusgolp
odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
I just calculated the approximate calories my 6 Yr old son ate today... Far more than me. Where does his tiny little self put it all?? LOL I fear bankruptcy when he's a teenager and I can't afford to feed him! ;)

His day:
2 cuties
Granola bar

Turkey wrap
Milk
Tomatoes
Crackers
Dove Chocolate Bite
Apple
Cutie

2 Chicken Sausages w/Ketchup
3 CUPs of cooked carrots
Nearly the entire package of Near East Cous Cous

A 1/2 pint of blackberries
2 more cuties

Replies

• Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    whoa!
  • matt2442
    matt2442 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    Now that is how a real man eats. Me and him would get along quite well. Add in Mac and Cheese and Ice cream and thats how i eat too.
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,724 Member
    Options
    I hope you are well stocked on toilet paper. That's a lot of fruit.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    Nice job momma - can you teach MY kids to eat like that? LOL!

Actually, my 8 year old is coming around - he put away more steak than me last night. Little Miss 4 year old eats like a bird.
  • odusgolp
    Options
    I hope you are well stocked on toilet paper. That's a lot of fruit.

He's always been that way. Loves fruit.

When he was three I thought he was pooing blood... Then his dad informed me he ate an entire pint of grape tomatoes. Lovely.
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    hes growing he s 6
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    im proud of u that u are feeding him healthy the food choices look pretty good
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    He's squishing it down into his toes!
  • chaser1977
    chaser1977 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Wait til he's a teenager :) My mom put a lock on the pantry growing up because my brother and I would eat all groceries by the middle of the week.
  • RixxyRikaa
    RixxyRikaa Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    love to see you feeding him healthy things and even allowing for a bite of chocolate. need more parents like this where i'm from!
  • Klem4
    Klem4 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    my almost 6yr old eats like that too!! its nuts!! my 3yr old is much more of a bird/grazer.
  • mhcoss
    mhcoss Posts: 220
    Options
    he is putting the food in his muscles and bones!
  • Girlwithnoname77
    Girlwithnoname77 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    What are 'cuties'?

Last night I had left overs but thought it may just not be enough so made a huge beef, prawn and vegetable stir fry. ALL of it went! Not a single sesame seed left over. I have a 8, 10 and 43 year old (and me) lol I need to win the lotto for when they are teens!

The answer is some kids eat more, some eat less. Some metabolise quickly (my daughter) - some don't (my son). We are all different. :) BUT it is important to fill them up on good wholesome food ... this I am sure you know :)
  • MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    So awesome! Healthy eating starts young!
  • odusgolp
    Options
    Cuties are Clementines! Sorry, they're a specific brand... and the most popular around here, so most people call them Cuties here;)
  • Girlwithnoname77
    Girlwithnoname77 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I googled. A type of mandarins. Got it! Great choice. Was thinking they were like a "twinkie" hahahaha ... I'm an Aussie here so obviously clueless.
  • DancingDreams1234
    Options
    It is pretty healthy stuff, it is ALWAYS a good idea to teach your children about healthy eating when they are young so they grow up eating the right stuff.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    This is for your son.

tumblr_m6h84mAoMS1rwcc6bo1_500.gif
  • OnionMomma
    OnionMomma Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I hear ya!! Yesterday my 6 year old ate:

Breakfast:
    Grits and 8ox whole milk, fortified

Snack:
    Apples and 5 ox juice

Lunch:
    Ravioli and 8 oz fortified milk

Snack:
    Granola bar and 5 oz juice

Dinner:
    1/3 of a sub and a ton of cheetos and 8oz fortified milk

And on top of that, he was tube fed for 2.5 years due to medical reason and underwent 2 years of feeding therapy by early intervention and then continued for another year or more through a local rehabilitation center.

And before anyone gets started on the fortified milk, he has to be on boosted whole milk per DRs orders.
  • hauntao
    hauntao Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    This is for your son.

tumblr_m6h84mAoMS1rwcc6bo1_500.gif

OMG I just snorted.

Also, I agree with that one teenager comment. I had mostly guy friends in high school and my mom would have to set strict food rules so we didn't go broke.