I lost 50lbs and hit the 100's!!!!

Options
daniellealys
daniellealys Posts: 301 Member
Hello everyone!

I FINALLY did it, I have lost "the weight". This is what I did:

Diet: most important thing! I realized that working out wasnt a ticket to eating a pint of ice cream every night. I needed to change my diet. I got some antibody testing done and found that I have issues digesting eggs, wheat, dairy and soy. So, I removed those items from my diet. I went from being a vegetarian to eating paleo. I did paleo for several months (getting more strict as I got more used to it) and then did my first whole 30 in January 2013. I eat whole 30 like 75% of the time, 20% paleo and 5% total cheat. Most important thing: this is not a temporary diet, this is how I will eat for the rest of my life and I truly believe that and am truly dedicated to it. I feel amazing eating this way!

Exercise: I took a break from exercise a first. this is because I got fat by exercising like a maniac and eating like a cow. so, in order to focus on my diet I needed to clear my head of exercise. now, I still worked out but really only for heart and mental health. I did yoga and a little cardio, etc. After I felt confident of my diet, I was finally able to get back into exercise.My current exercise plan (life happens and I dont always do this....but its my goal and I usually do this):
Sunday: 60 min circuit training class at gym + run (right now doing between 2-3 miles)
Monday: 30DS DVD or random exercises for 20 minutes (pushups, jumping jacks, weights)
Tuesday: 60 minute yoga class + run (optional)
Wednesday: 60 min circuit training class at gym
Thursday: 60 minute yoga class + run (optional)
Friday: REST DAY or light exercise (walk, elliptical)
Saturday: wild card (gym class, run, depending on weather and how I feel)

SW: 250
CW: 199
GW: 185

I would love to post pics but I have no idea how LOL

Replies

• schonkreuz
    schonkreuz Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS! Keep at it :)
  • imagine_that
    imagine_that Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, can't wait to be as successful as you!
  • daniellealys
    daniellealys Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    you can do it!
  • Willowana
    Willowana Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Great job! I can't wait to be where you are! I've still got about 19 pesky pounds to go before I hit ONEderland!

Keep up the amazing work, girl! You're doing great!! :flowerforyou:
  • skinnylady2014
    skinnylady2014 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your huge weight loss and also on the tips!!!
  • N8r8r
    N8r8r Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    You are soooo lucky! I'm still at 222ish, and want to join the "100 club" so badly. It's going to be a long trek, but you know what? It'll be worth it. I just gotta keep reminding myself of that.
  • Frigs
    Frigs Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    You are awesome. So over the top happy for you. You are there, in a great mindset. Only good things will follow!
  • JaimeCST
    JaimeCST Posts: 118
    Options
    Amazing job! I am working on the balance between eating right and exercise myself. I hope to see pictures soon.
  • rlv2680
    rlv2680 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    heck yeh!!
  • jalara
    jalara Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Congratulations on the success and all the hard work and self-discipline!
  • Minerva624
    Minerva624 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Woot woot! Keep on keepin on!
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Bump
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!