New Girl here too! :-)

Options
Hi, I'm Sue! I'm from Montreal, but reside in sunny California with my hubby. I used to be a smoker. I've been off the cig since 1998. Woohoo to me! :tongue: But I started gaining weight ever since. I gained 20 lbs. I'm fed up with the fact that my clothes don't fit me anymore... I started the account with this website about a year ago, but was in and out of my diet. Now, I started a new diet... I have lost 6 lbs the past 2 weeks... I was told this is only water... And the fat loss will start on the 3rd week... Whatever it is I lost, it's good because I feel so much better... :happy: So, I'm on a mission to follow through and lose those 15 lbs. I can take all the support you give me... :flowerforyou: And I would love to have friends to share my experience with. You seem like a nice group of people and hope to get to know more of you! :wink:

Replies

• purplespeckle
    purplespeckle Posts: 652
    Options
    Great job on staying off of the cigs and losing 6 lbs ! :)
  • SmilinSue12
    SmilinSue12 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Thanks! :-)
  • katieverkuilen94
    Options
    Hey there! Welcome to MFP! :) I've been on here for a little over a month and am absolutely LOVING the network. It really helps if you have friends to support you. Feel free to add me! :)
  • JaimeCST
    JaimeCST Posts: 118
    Options
    Welcome!
  • royvor
    royvor Posts: 271
    Options
    Hi, A friend request has been sent.
    I am Yvette and I am 24 yrs old. I have battled being obese all my life. Losing weight and gaining it right back. I started at 227lbs and my current weight is 166 lbs. I am striving to meet my goal and lose the last 16 lbs of my weigth, but I know that I have to continue this lifestyle forever if I don't want to ever return to the old me. I am on here a lot to keep myself motivated and give support and encourgement. Lets encourage and help one another on this weightloss and fitness journey to a healthier us.
    We can do this
  • kishkoway
    kishkoway Posts: 19
    Options
    Hey! i recently quit smoking (again) but haven't had any cravings since I stopped! Being nicotine free for so long is awesome!! I started MFP a few years ago but stuck with it a couple days maybe? I'm back and on day 2. I love canada too! Lived in Timmins, Ont before. Anyways welcome! ;D
  • kellieis
    kellieis Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Sue....I just started here yesterday. I was on fitday which is very similar but it doesn't have the community or track my sodium. I also quit smoking almost a year ago and have gained weight since. I've been trying to lose since February and have put on another 5 pounds! I have been cutting my calories down by at least close to 500 a day (sometimes only 200-300 and rarely going over but 200-300) and am still gaining wait. I have went from no exercise to 50 minutes on my stationery bike 3-4 days a week. I've also been a heavy drinker and went from drinking almost every night to only weekends so I'm working on it. After I quit smoking my blood pressure got a little high so I'm trying to lose to keep that down. I have cut out most salt also and am trying to eat more fruit and veggies, but it's so frustrating that I'm still gaining weight. Maybe I wasn't tracking good on the drinking nights - I went from almost 7 day a week to 5 days a week in February to weekends this month. I'm hoping now that I've cut down on the drinking there's hope. Nice to meet a fellow "ex-smoker".....
  • SmilinSue12
    SmilinSue12 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your encouragement! Hope we win this fight against weight!!!! :happy:
  • capslockid
    capslockid Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi Sue, Just sent you a friends request, hope thats ok :smile: I gave up smoking in 2008 and although to start with I was running 5 miles 3-4 times week, since then that has all stopped and I have gained over 4 stone :cry: I'm now on a mission to lose it all, stop binge eating, start running again and fit into a wardrobe of clothes that are patiently waiting to fit me! At the moment my trousers hold on for dear life lol. Really appreciate any help I can get and will always try to do my little bit to help someone else reach their goal too :smile: x