Am I over doing it with too many programs @ 1 x?

Options
I had signed up for 3rd time with WW. But feel they lack some areas that I need access to. Their selection of foods for counting calories is very limited. Where as Fitness Pal has more real life food selections that I eat. This helps me keep track faster and more detailed selections. ie. I was looking for Taco Bells soft chicken taco. Calories was not as bad as I thought.

Replies

• mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Stop wasting money at WW and use this instead. I'm a free lifetime member of WW so it costs me zero but I much prefer it here. Way more support for free.
  • TinaS88
    TinaS88 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Stop wasting money at WW and use this instead. I'm a free lifetime member of WW so it costs me zero but I much prefer it here. Way more support for free.

I have to agree. The internet is full of free and legit information and support if you know where to look! I refuse to pay for any workouts or 'training' until I am ready to get into some serious weights
  • scarrletti_girl
    scarrletti_girl Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    yes i also agree. weight watchers is great if u wanna lose money and end up gaining the weight back later because it is too much. i just say use this alone it helps many people on here all the time myself included. Plus you can eat regular food and not worry about "points" lol

Good luck. Hope this forum helps you find what your looking for! :)
  • jezama77
    jezama77 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I'm a lifetime member at WW too. I loved it there and worked the program and lost my weight, but I enjoy lots of things about MFP too. I think that everyone needs to try different things to see what works for them. For some people a blended approach of more than one 'program' might work. I love my weekly meeting, but I like to count calories instead of points because I am a vegan and most of what I eat is zero points...so it helps keep me more 'honest' to track calories.

Make sure that you give something a chance and try it to fidelity though. It would be unfair to not follow the WW program and then say it doesn't work...

That being said...WW is expensive, so if you're like me and on a tight budget...you might have to find a cheaper route. I nixed my gym membership to save $$ and have forced myself to work out at home. So far, it is working for me. You just have to find alternatives and follow them. :)

Good luck on whatever you decide to improve your health!
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

agreed with this.

And look at the Taco Bell fresco menu. The calories to protein ratio was perfect for when I was trying to lose weight last year.
  • vstraughan
    vstraughan Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Although it seems to work for some, WW was expensive and I lost zero weight. I find myself proactively telling people not to bother with it (terrible huh?) What I love about this site is that you not only get your daily predictions, you can review your good days and bad days and see how they impact AND you get a complete breakdown of food. As a result, I ended upping my potassium, iron and vitamin A intake and already feel better for it in just a couple of weeks.

You also seem to get a lot wider range of people on here which means the input, suggestions and advice you get is from people who need to change diets, up/add/change exercise and want to accomplish different things.

Forget WW, just track, observe and adapt using MFP. As per a few other comments, this site seems to be more about a permanent lifestyle ... which you just can't do with WW points!