I need info about weight loss!!

Options
okay so...I would like to know how long it takes to notice a difference in weight loss?? At this point in my life even if I would never see a difference, I'm still going to stay motivated...but I would like to know bcuz I have cut out fast and processed foods, soda and unnecessary carbs, sugar and salt.. I drink 8 or more glasses of regular and lemon water .. AND workout 7 days a week for 40-60 mins a day. and yet I don't really see much of a difference in my weight.. my skin is definitely showing results.. I don't break out nearly as much and my acne scars are clearing. but whats up...I have lost 40lbs in 2 months before in my life when I got a job at CVS..EATING MCDONALDS AND BAGELS THICK WITH CREAM CHEESE AND OTHER FATTY MEALS, EVERYDAY...I don't understand....

Replies

• FootballGamer58
    FootballGamer58 Posts: 1,310 Member
    Options
    because its not about what you eat. its about how much you eat

/endthread
  • mahanaibu
    mahanaibu Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    If you open your diary for others to see, we could be of more help.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Please explain the unnecessary carbs from the necessary carbs. Perhaps use a chart, I like visuals.
  • embracenia
    embracenia Posts: 10
    Options
    how do I make my food diary public? im a noob lol
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    How long have you been doing this? If less than 3-4 weeks, you won't see any results except on the scale. Depends on your height, but it usually takes around 4-6 weeks for most people to notice a difference in themselves or how their clothes fit.
  • FootballGamer58
    FootballGamer58 Posts: 1,310 Member
    Options
    Please explain the unnecessary carbs from the necessary carbs. Perhaps use a chart, I like visuals.

carbs that are red green and purple go over here. and carbs that are round or blue go over in this pile
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options

carbs that are red green and purple go over here. and carbs that are round or blue go over in this pile

Oooh! Colorful! That's going to make a pretty chart!! Thanks!
  • embracenia
    Options
    Okay. I figured it out.. My food diary is now public so you guys can take a look and help me get on the right path if ya like =]
  • marsellient
    marsellient Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    I'd suggest you read about sustainable weight loss. There are lots of resources on the Internet. Learn about nutrition and eating for good health. You are eating very little and I'm pretty sure you won't be able to keep up such a low calorie count. There's no point in losing what you want and the going back to old habits and putting it back on. Good luck to you!
  • MOODYPD
    MOODYPD Posts: 10
    Options
    "If you focus on results, you will never change. If you focus on change, you will get results."
    - Jack Dixon

I feel like your twin!!! I so totally understand you, because I was in your shows not that long ago. First of all I had to be my own coach and motivational speaker and literally tell myself..."I didn't put this unwanted weight on in a day, a week, a month, or even a year, so I shouldn't expect fast results to see it gone either!" I still make this speech to myself, but it all takes time and you will begin to see changes (you already are). Just know that our bodies are so use to the old habits that it takes a while before it realize you're doing something different. The more you keep at it, the more results you'll see. Just take your time and pace yourself....remember you want to get rid of the weight a good and healthy way, so don't expect fast results, because this often mean you'll see a quick weight gain! Good luck!
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    Do you weigh your food? I see a few entries of 1 oz servings of meat...that's not much. A regular serving size is usually something like 3 or 4 oz. There are also quite a few days that you don't get near your calorie goal.

If you are not weighing food that would be my first suggestion. It's so easy to under or over estimate amounts and a digital scale is usually 10-20 dollars. Make sure you're logging everything as accurately as possible as well. If you're confident about your workout calories I'd suggest eating them back as well, at least a portion.
  • dynamitegalxo
    dynamitegalxo Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    you're not eating anywhere near enough, especially with the exercise you're doing. you should probably roughly double your calorie intake if you want to keep up with the level of exercise you're currently at.

look up threads that explain TDEE and BMR and base your calorie intake on those numbers as explained. if you're not interested in that, you should at least follow the minimum recommendations that MFP sets up, which is no less than 1200 calories a day, net.

good luck!
  • embracenia
    Options
    thanks guys! the advice is highly appreciated. its strange because my calorie goal is always under, yet i'm satisfied all day... the other day I forced myself extra food because myfitnesspal says I'm not getting enough..
  • embracenia
    Options
    thanks. I will look into that. I usually just eat fist size amounts.. but the scale is a good idea.
  • embracenia
    Options
    thanks again for the advice guys!
  • MOODYPD
    MOODYPD Posts: 10
    Options
    To remain in balance and maintain your body weight, the calories consumed (from foods) must be balanced by the calories used (in normal body functions, daily activities, and exercise). I'm often under my calorie intake too, but not by much, or at least until I exericse. You need to eat more to keep your nutritional level up and to regulate your metabolism. It will be extremely hard to maintain a healthy weight loss at this rate, because you'll have to deprive yourself for life in order to keep the weight off. Just educate yourself now on nutrition so there won't be any bumps to delay a successful weight loss regimen.
  • janejane414
    Options
    Hi,

I'm joining to the conversation. I wanna lose weight too. Do you know weight loss tips? Could you give me some advices? What do you think about green tea?

Thanks.
    Jane.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

to me, all carbs are necessary!!!