cambridge diet - looking for cwp friends x

Options
hi, im looking to make some friends with people who are on the cambridge diet. im starting from tomorrow, so getting myself ready the last few days by having a high protien low carb diet. really excited about starting tomorrow :)))))

Replies

• snowflake266
    Options
    Hi my name is Sara and this is not my first time in MFP,but the one I am taking it seriously.I don't know the Cambridge diet but the one I am following is also high in protein low in carbs.I have been on mine for 4 weeks and I have lost over 11 pounds.If you want to share ideas or recipes,add me as friend.Good luck on your journey
  • sharonKay65
    sharonKay65 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Seems to me from what I read online this is a very expensive way to simply cut calories..... I really don't see the benefit of spending that much money when you could simply buy healthy food and stay within the same range of calories. I have not seen many people on MFP who use or recommend anything other than making healthy life style changes. After all so often times people refer to "being on a diet" when in reality our diet.... is whatever we eat. I personally do not consider myself to be dieting... rather I have made a commitment to myself to change the way I look and feel, I don't anticipate losing the weight simply to go back to my former eating habits... obviously that wasn't working so well for me. Good luck to you though.
  • ekeoma
    ekeoma Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello
    How is your diet going. I am sure you have had the bad days as well with headaches etc.but not to worry keep it up it really works i am 10 kilos less than what i started with. 22kilos more to go. Good luck
  • toresbee
    toresbee Posts: 1
    Options
    Just started Cambridge diet today and Day 1 isn't as bad as i thought. I've done my porridge and shake and looking forward to my soup tonight. What should i expect?
  • wordgetsaround86
    Options
    Hi,

Im on Day 12 soul source, how is your diet going? xx
  • Kelly_1981
    Kelly_1981 Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Hi I am doing SS+ Basically the CWP is a VLCD and it has all of your vitamins and minerals, I have seen so many people lose large amounts of weight on the diet, I think its important to remember that if you go back to eating the way you did before starting then you will of course put on all the weight plus some back on. I have lost 2 stone so far, if you stick to the plan you will lose 1 stone 14 pounds a month. Its important to work up the steps. Good luck!
  • mjr_2907
    Options
    I've been doing the CWP since March and lost 6 stone. It works for me as I don't have to think about it, having tried every plan under the sun and both my Doctor and Dietician agreeing that my issue wasn't will power it was the various plans that were the issue. My Doctor signed me off to do this due to a few health issues and she told me it was more important to lose the weight than how I did it. I've still got a couple of stone to go but already my councillor and I have started to discuss how I'm going to maintain my weight when I get to goal. The simple fact is you have to change your diet or you will gain the weight back if you return to old habits. I can't remember the last time I was the weight I am now but I know it was a very long time ago and I'm loving the confidence that I gain with each lb lost.

The CWP can work but you have to be as disciplined and prepared to work at maintenance as you were at losing it.