baked potato

Options
StrongAndHealthyMommy
StrongAndHealthyMommy Posts: 1,255 Member
Once again.... Please don't laugh....

How do I make a baked potato????

I read online to put it in the microwave for 15 minutes... and it came out hard and disgusting...

also read to bake it for and hour..... (usually I don't have that much time to wait for my food)

is there any way to have a baked potato within 30 minutes?

Replies

• VickieZureich
    VickieZureich Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    You just wrap it in foil and cook for about an hour;but it depends on the size...If you choose to microwave, I put it on a paper towel and be sure to put a few fork holes in it first and cook for 3-5 minutes, depending on size of potato...Hope it helps!
  • ummlovelovesyou
    ummlovelovesyou Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Rinse potato.
    Prick holes into potato on all sides with a fork or knife. Deep, but not all the way though...
    Smaller potato= 5-6 minutes. in microwave. larger...6/7 minutes.
    Take potato out of microwave (it's really hot!) and wrap in foil for 5 minutes (this makes the inside softer).

Viola,

your baked potato awaits you.

:drinker:
  • Mellie289
    Mellie289 Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    Rinse potato.
    Prick holes into potato on all sides with a fork or knife. Deep, but not all the way though...
    Smaller potato= 5-6 minutes. in microwave. larger...6/7 minutes.
    Take potato out of microwave (it's really hot!) and wrap in foil for 5 minutes (this makes the inside softer).

Viola,

your baked potato awaits you.

:drinker:
    This is more in line with what I do. My microwave has a button for baked potatoes and I just specify 1 potato or 2 - this automatically goes for 5 min. or 8 min., respectively. You're doing them way too long with 15 minutes, so their probably overcooking a lot and losing all their water (so ending up hard).

I don't do the foil thing though. I just cut through my potatoes and add something like blue cheese dressing. Sometimes, with one potato, I do need to nuke it another minute or so.
  • sandrajc042883
    Options
    I always rinse, poke holes, wrap in plastic wrap & microwave for 5 minutes, then in the oven in foil for another 15 to 20. Turns out really good.
  • siany01
    siany01 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I always rinse, poke holes, wrap in plastic wrap & microwave for 5 minutes, then in the oven in foil for another 15 to 20. Turns out really good.

This but no plastic wrap in microwave, I also turn it over half way through. Then chuck it in the oven (full temp) for 5-10 mins to crisp the skin.
  • Gidzmo
    Gidzmo Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Once again.... Please don't laugh.... How do I make a baked potato???? I read online to put it in the microwave for 15 minutes... and it came out hard and disgusting...

also read to bake it for and hour..... (usually I don't have that much time to wait for my food). Is there any way to have a baked potato within 30 minutes?

Microwaves vary in time and power. I put a cup of rice in our new microwave and set it for ten minutes. I came back to a mess. :laugh: But my rice was done (I found out about the rice button later).

You might try putting the potato in a microwave-safe dish with a small amount of water. The water will create steam.