TIP of the Day

Options
I'm doing Turbo Fire with Chalene and she always gives a tip of the day at the end of the workout. What is your tip of the day for a healthier you?

Mine is:

Sit up straight. It strengthens your core and makes you look like you've lost 10 lbs!!!!

Replies

• AndreeT
    AndreeT Posts: 191
    Options
    as I read this I sat up straight and looked around! Thanks!! LOL :flowerforyou:
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    Make an effort to smile more today. It makes your day a lot brighter and it makes it easier to make good choices.
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Make an effort to smile more today. It makes your day a lot brighter and it makes it easier to make good choices.

Ahhh I love this! Exactly right!
  • rmccully
    rmccully Posts: 319
    Options

I did too. lol
  • bellanean
    bellanean Posts: 220
    Options
    I'm doing Turbo Fire with Chalene and she always gives a tip of the day at the end of the workout. What is your tip of the day for a healthier you?

Mine is:

Sit up straight. It strengthens your core and makes you look like you've lost 10 lbs!!!!

As i am slouching over the counter reading the computer screen! haha great tip!
  • shera426
    shera426 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I get quotes everyday from runners world, this one made me laugh.

No one ever drowned in sweat - author unknown
  • balfonso
    balfonso Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Every time I'm sitting down on public transport or sitting on the sofa at home watching TV, I tend to tense my butt cheeks and hold in my stomach for a few seconds, or even walking up stairs I tense it so it's non-stop throughout the day :smile:
  • jendykstra67
    jendykstra67 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    These are great... thanks for starting this thread!

My tip is drink lots of ice cold water. We all need to keep hydrated, especially in the summer. And colder water boosts your metabolism.

Jen
  • AndreeT
    AndreeT Posts: 191
    Options
    Love it!! :laugh:
  • neenaleigh
    neenaleigh Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: good one...im sitting up straight now!
  • balfonso
    balfonso Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I get quotes everyday from runners world, this one made me laugh.

No one ever drowned in sweat - author unknown

hahahaha I love it! That'll be my motto from now on! Thanks for that! :laugh:
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options

I admit it, I just sat up straight after I read that.
  • MissNova
    MissNova Posts: 563 Member
    Options

Me too! Lol.
  • Mellie13
    Mellie13 Posts: 424
    Options
    I totally sat up straighter, too!!

My tip would be to indulge in a smart way!
    1 peice of dark chocolate or 1 serving of frozen yogurt/low fat ice cream won't kill you, in fact it will probably brighten your day and if you indulge in a smart way-no regret/guilt trip!! Especially if you have balanced your calories well and you don't go over because of it!
  • shae123
    shae123 Posts: 26
    Options
    If you start to feel like you need a snack...brush your teeth :) I have a close friend that is a dietician and she said alot of times we just need to "exercise" our mouth out of habit, NOT becasue we actually need or want food.
  • jessicakate26
    Options
    Totally sitting up straight now!!! And I LOVE the sweat quote...definitely a good one!!!

I read this in a book once (Dorm Room Diet - Daphne Oz)...if you are getting a craving and you're really not hungry at all you should count up to your age slowly - by the time you reach your age...really ask yourself if you still want whatever it is you're craving!
  • antiadipose
    antiadipose Posts: 447
    Options
    i read somewhere that cinnamon reduces that sugar spike-effect from foods.... so i started sprinkling it on my fruits .. like sliced apples, bananas... or even when i freeze my banana and make it into ice cream.
    not only does it enhance the taste and satisfy my sweet craving, but i dont get that sugar rush feeling ... try it!

great tips everyone!
  • shell1205
    shell1205 Posts: 138
    Options
    <
    LOVES cinnamon!!!

I'll definitely have to try that!! :smile:
  • darkdorothy
    darkdorothy Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I just wrote "sit up straight" on a post-it note and stuck it on the corner of my monitor! Thanks!
  • lilmissy2
    lilmissy2 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Eat a live toad first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you for the rest of the day :laugh: Kidding of course :happy:

Great post :) Hmm tips, tips... I would say my best weight loss tip would be to start today and if you fall, get back on that figurative horse and continue TODAY. Stop thinking there is a tomorrow where you will fix these things :)