Desserts Recipe - Need help

Options
Hello everyone
I just start my nutrition plan with P90X work out , but sometime I have eager to eat something sweet , its like addiction,in the same time I don't want to spoil my plan , I need help to provide me with dessert recipe which has low fat and low calories and wont harm my diet to eat it once a day.
I will be glad to hear from you
thanks

Replies

• nobbta
    nobbta Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Yoghurt with some fruit is a healthy dessert and it won't blow your calories.
  • MrsPixelbark
    MrsPixelbark Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Berries, meringues: homemade on the latter if possible (you'd be surprised how low calorie you can make those babies considering they're essentially just sugar + egg whites), yoghurt and some tinned desserts aren't TOO bad on the calorie count (think rice pudding).

Outside of that, banana ice cream (chop up a banana, freeze and then blitz) is another good consideration. If you're after a quick 'fix' hot chocolates another good option (look at options 40 calorie packs etc), even more so if you make it with a small splash of milk to make it a bit creamier.
  • BakingMadGymAddict
    Options
    Try my sticky apple protein snack. I use it for a sweet fix!

I made a youtube video on how to make it here

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=477197402352482&set=vb.418282054910684&type=3&theater
  • Ipalavra
    Ipalavra Posts: 32
    Options
    Okay, you have to trust me on this.

Nonfat plain ZOI greek yogurt. Other brands taste so off I find.

Anyways, this stuff will be fairly displeasing at first, it was for me and i discarded it at first... but then a while later decided that it was too healthy to pass up so I forced myself to include it in my diet regardless. After going through about 4 containers, I acquired a taste for it like no other, just plain! I could eat the stuff for dayzzz hahah

Once you acquire a taste for it, and it WILL happen, just trust me, then when you add a little bit of cereal in with it it adds crazy flavor with it!

Zoi nonfat greek plain yogurt + ANY cereal = CRAZY DELICIOUS

On another point, to help you suppress your urge for sweets, connect an alternative to certain desserts. Instead of just generally replacing all desserts with something else, make the alternative a specific alternative. For instance, the yogurt+cereal is my "ice cream." Every time I want ice cream, I eat this instead. Cashews/peanuts were my m&ms/skittles(first trail mix, then it was plain cashews). You just have to be creative in tricking your brain is all! But I kid you not, this method works!
  • TranceSensation
    TranceSensation Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks Everyone for the great Ideas
    I like the creativity in some recipes
    I'll try what you recommended me. :)
    Its great to to find fitness community helps me all they way
    best regards
  • jqh23
    jqh23 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I like to buy a bar of dark chocolate and eat 1-2 squares to curb a craving.

I love healthy choice 100 calorie green frozen yogurt, tastes just like ice cream!

the skinny cow candys and ice creams are good too.

if you love peanut butter, i used to make this all the time when I was on the south beach diet:

1 tbsp hot water & 1 packet unflavored gelatin
    1 container of cottage cheese
    1/2 cup splenda
    1 cup of peanut butter

blend after every step. pour into a dish and let cool and solidify. such a delic peanut butter "pie" sometimes, i would top with sugar-free, fat-free chocolate pudding and a dallop of ff cool whip.

OR I would even melt a TBSP of PB and top with FF, SF chocolate pudding & dallop of FF cool whip.

I try not to eat such processed things now. but it is very yummy!
  • KimmieSue2011
    KimmieSue2011 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Cut up granny smith or fuji apples and pan fry them with a little bit of butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon. It's like the inside of apple pie. If you want to get really decadent, add whipped cream. To lower calories, omit butter and use Pam. You don't need much brown sugar, it melts.
  • brazilnut05
    brazilnut05 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Try my sticky apple protein snack. I use it for a sweet fix!

I made a youtube video on how to make it here

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=477197402352482&set=vb.418282054910684&type=3&theater

^^^Her recipe is AWESOME! I brought the apples to work and everyone looked at my messy bag of fruit and of course was wondering, "What the heck are you eating?" They tried a piece and were blown away by how good they were. (and only 3 ingredients? Can't beat that!)

Something I'll do to satisfy a chocolate craving is add 1 scoop of chocolate protein powder to a cup (8oz) of milk and add 1 tbsp. of peanut butter. It tastes JUST like a Reeses peanut butter cup and always does the trick!