Raw goats milk

Options
Tank_Girl
Tank_Girl Posts: 372 Member
Any one here drink raw milk?
Ive read everything on the internet from it will kill you to its a superfood

Thoughts please... And for those who dont know what raw meams it means untreated/unpasteurised

Replies

• Ipalavra
    Ipalavra Posts: 32
    Options
    I've been wanting to try goat milk for a while. Heard all the good things about it, but I've also read contradicting studies. Can't seem to find it, so I've been sticking with whole milk and have cut down a massive amount of milk that I drink.
  • rainbowtiara
    Options
    It's my first time to hear this kind of milk. But I do think so it will kill you.
  • SkyPixie
    SkyPixie Posts: 224
    Options
    I drink raw cows milk from our local farm and I'm still standing !

The only thing I ever heard was don't give it to babies or very old people who may have a reduced immune system, otherwise everyone else should be fine :-)
  • Tank_Girl
    Tank_Girl Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    My husband was reared on a farm and they used to just scoup a jugful of milk out of the dairy (for those who know little about farming the milk is taken away from the dairy to be pasteurised and bottled, pasteurisation is when the milk is heated then rapidly cooled)

we currently have a nanny goat with far too much milk for her kid, she has to be milked or otherwise she will become sick from mastitus and it can potentially kill her.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,970 Member
    Options
    I live in Canada and can't get raw, but I do drink primarily organic 2% goat milk. Goat milk is the #1 milk of choice in the world, just not that popular in NA.