slim pasta - eat water?

Options
has anyone tried the slim pasta?
i bought some from holland and barratt and it seems too good to be true.
Still in its packaging whilst i figure how to eat this hahahah!

whats your experience?

btw slim pasta has 7 calories per 100g, zero carbs and take just 3 minutes to cook!!!

Replies

• Lieann22
    Lieann22 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Just read some reviews - make sure you rinse it before you cook with pouring a kettle of boiling water over it to get rid of the smell. And its texture is more like rice noodles than pasta.
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    If you mean the gluten-free stuff...

Tastes like nothing, texture sucks. Tbh, better off, I dunno, eating potatoes or - if you really want something like pasta - shredded lettuce or something.
  • hailsmac82
    hailsmac82 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I personally find the texture terrible lol, rubbery and chewy. I have tried it in a couple of different things like a spag Bol and stirfry but it just doesn't do it for me. I have a friend who if she wants to replace pasta in a dish uses strips of zucchini :-)
  • ash190489
    ash190489 Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    :love: omg I loveeeee slim pasta!!! Sooo good and such a good alternative! The first time you eat it you may not love it, but give it a couple of goes and knowing the calories are sooo much lower, it's great! I use it in a spaghetti bolognase so with beef mince, and a tomato based sauce, I mix it altogether and wallah!!! Done! Takes 5 mins to make the whole meal! :heart: enjoy !
  • ash190489
    ash190489 Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Tastes like nothing, texture sucks. Tbh, better off, I dunno, eating potatoes or - if you really want something like pasta - shredded lettuce or something.

I agree it hasn't got much of a taste, but you need to mix it in with a low calorie sauce of some kind for some flavour!
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    I have it ALL the time. Cook it in water, dont just clean it with boiling water. Actually put it in a pot of boiling water & cook it for about 5 mins. It has a less rubbery texture then. Then put it with chicken, capsicum, onion, mushrooms, chilli, zucchini & then top it with some 0% fat chobani greek yoghurt.

Yummmmmm & very filling.

People just don't know how to deal with konjac root noodles. It also comes in angel hair, fettuccine & rice.
  • luan999
    luan999 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    i love pasta but been put off with the calories/carbs...just ordered the pasta/spaghetti and rice/noodles from amazon so will see how it goes!:wink:
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options

I agree it hasn't got much of a taste, but you need to mix it in with a low calorie sauce of some kind for some flavour!

So not only can you eat string, but you can eat string flavoured by a poor-tasting condiment!

MARVELOUS!
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    Personally hate slim pasta, because the texture is odd. Plus it is soooo watery, no matter how many times you rinse it out it just sucks. I would rather eat real pasta and take my chances with the calories tbh.
  • Montarosa456
    Montarosa456 Posts: 133
    Options
    I've got a package of this in my cupboard for when I'm brave enough to try...
    However I'd rather just eat a smaller pasta portion or work off enough cals to just enjoy it..
    Other 'Anti Pasta' ideas can include finely sliced cabbage or very finely sliced sweet potato...Pretty good for those lean days
  • bossmodehan
    bossmodehan Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I've heard great things about people using spaghetti squash (hard to find in the UK) and spiralized/julienned courgette (zucchini) you'll get more flavour and nutrirtion from those kind of options. I also love buckwheat soba noodles when I need a carby/pasta-y fix - technically grain free and pretty decent on the protein front. Still has carbs and cals, but we all need at least some of those :-)
  • Claire_x90
    Claire_x90 Posts: 94
    Options
    it tastes how it looks... chewy and bland. I eat it a few times a week but make sure you have a good sauce to add some taste :) also it involves a fair bit of fibre so drinking plenty of water is a must!