I'm fit!

Options
geekyjen
geekyjen Posts: 103 Member
200 days ago I couldn't run a mile and weighed around 150lbs
100 days ago I ran my first 5k and weighed around 130lbs
Yesterday I ran my first half marathon weighing 120lbs

Just as I have trouble appreciating what my body looks like now, I have trouble appreciating that I'm fit. I am scared to run with other people because I still think of myself as not being a runner.
I can now do a pull-up and bench press 85lbs. I easily did 50 push-ups in the middle of my workout today.
And I ran a half marathon. I ran every step of it. 2 hrs 16 minutes (including an extended bathroom break at mile 5...)

I told myself that when I ran a half marathon I had to accept that I was fit. So today I am appreciating that I am fit!

Replies

• lucifa73
    lucifa73 Posts: 110
    Options
    Well done. It does take time for the changes to sink in doesn't it! What's the next goal?
  • Natalie43
    Natalie43 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    you are 100% fit!! great job, well done you :smile:
  • neady
    neady Posts: 5
    Options
    Well done! That's why I love this site - you hear so many inspiring stories that keep you motivated - thank you :happy:
  • teetee1281
    teetee1281 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    Great Job. It is necessary for us to look back and really see what we have accomplished to see what we have become. Reading posts like yours tells me that I can push myself just a little harder. Thanks for sharing!
  • Liz75
    Liz75 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Excellent!
  • Aid_B
    Aid_B Posts: 427
    Options
    A W E S O M E ! ! ! ! ! :happy:
  • geekyjen
    Options
    thanks y'all
    i am struggling a little with what my next goals are and would love advice.

i think i want to try yoga and sign up for another half marathon, but i'm not completely sure what my next big goal is.
  • ritodcin03
    ritodcin03 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    good for you!!!
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    Congrats!

I would defnitely suggest yoga. It feels so good to stretch on those off days from running. Plus it really helps your core & balance.

Go for a faster time in the half???
  • Aid_B
    Aid_B Posts: 427
    Options
    How about a Tri-athalon, swimming, cycling and running. You got the running sorted, just swiming and cycling to concentrate on
  • geekyjen
    Options
    yeah, i've definitely thought about it.
    i've actually got the cycling down too (and it's amazing how much easier biking is 30lbs lighter!), but i have a slight fear of getting kicked in the head and i know that triathlon season is ending.

definitely going to aim for better times in the future, too.
  • dcruzz
    dcruzz Posts: 12
    Options
    CONGRATS!!! YOUR HISTORY INSPIRES ME THANKS FOR SHARING IT
  • flannan
    flannan Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Accept it girl, you're well fit! And when you think about it, 200 days is such a short period to accomplish so much!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!