Exercise to tone legs

Options
Whate are some workouts to try and tone my legs and thighs? I've heard a lot of ppl talking about the 30day shred. Can someone explain to me what that is? And how to get started?

Replies

• lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    30DS is a 20 min DVD workout by Jillian Michaels. It's $9 and you can get it at Walmart, Target, Amazon, etc. It's a circuit training workout that consists of 3 min weights, 2 mins cardio, 1 min abs, then repeat that circuit 2x. It's really good; also consider her No More Trouble Zones; it's got some great leg toning exercises too (also $9, but 40 mins). Each of her circuit training workouts allow you to pick a circuit to focus on or to play through the whole thing which is great if you're short on time!
  • neenaleigh
    neenaleigh Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    The 30 Day Shred is Jillian Michael Video. It is pretty awesome. I just started it, a lot of squats and lunges combined with upper arms, and Abs. Its a 20 min workout, with 3 levels, you can buy it a walmart for like $8.00. I am renting mine from Netflix right now, becasue i wasnt sure i wanted to keep it, but i am going to buy it today! $8 is totally worth it!
  • amicklin
    amicklin Posts: 452
    Options
    I personally swear by kickboxing and P90X (Legs and Back). I am a 'thigh girl' and while I will never have skinny legs it certainly helps to get some good muscle definition in my legs!
  • ladytap
    ladytap Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    My legs have never looked better than when I started bicycling and doing spin classes during the week. If you're a member of a gym, then I would definitely suggest doing a group spin class. It will burn tons of calories and really get your legs looking amazing! I actually prefer biking outside...my husband and I ride trails at state parks all around Texas together..it's a lot of fun and a GREAT workout. Have fun and good luck!
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,738 Member
    Options
    The best my legs ever looked was from doing Slim in 6 and Slim Series. I changed gears and did a round of P90X, which did great things for my upper body, but it wasn't enough to keep my legs in the shape they were in before. Now I'm back to doing SI6 and SS, with a little P90X tossed in each week for my upper body.
  • Serenifly
    Serenifly Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    running! and it's free! :)
  • moosenbratsmommy
    Options
    squats! depending how far apart your legs are helps work inner and outer thigh muscles.
  • robbienjill
    robbienjill Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Running!! PS and it gives the butt a nice look as well:):wink:
  • hill242
    hill242 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    fat loss
    followed by
    squats, lunges, step-ups, box jumps
    then
    running, cycling
  • September7bride
    September7bride Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    The stairs are also an excellent choice ... walk them, run them, lunge them, as long as you're moving you can't cheat them.