30 day shred

Options
2»

Replies

• workout_warrior
    Options
    I noticed changes by day 10....and took pics to compare to day 1.....are you really working? pushing yourself? breaking a sweat?

stick with it......the results will show in numerous ways.....good luck!

Yes! I think my endurance has improved. And I don't feel lazy anymore unlike before when I would always stay in my bed or couch. Now I always want to move! :)
  • workout_warrior
    Options
    I am in love with the 30 day shred!!

I'm starting to love it too!
  • falilvx
    falilvx Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I love it but feeling my jeans getting tighter not loose??i wonder why :( CW; 118lbs 5''1
  • leeroxboro
    leeroxboro Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I love it but feeling my jeans getting tighter not loose??i wonder why :( CW; 118lbs 5''1

L2 D7, I love it too and I have one pair of jeans that feel tighter, but I think (hoping, that is) that's because my buns and thighs are getting some muscle!! The only thing I measured before was waist and abdomen, and have lost some there so it must (HAHA) be the buns and thighs!! (My body is shaped like a barrel on two toothpicks, so I could stand to gain some in the butt and thighs while my waist and abdomen lose)
  • falilvx
    falilvx Posts: 52 Member
    Options

L2 D7, I love it too and I have one pair of jeans that feel tighter, but I think (hoping, that is) that's because my buns and thighs are getting some muscle!! The only thing I measured before was waist and abdomen, and have lost some there so it must (HAHA) be the buns and thighs!! (My body is shaped like a barrel on two toothpicks, so I could stand to gain some in the butt and thighs while my waist and abdomen lose)

yes!!yes!!i do hav muscle now on my thigh area which never been come out before lol maybe all the jumping in insanity do make me build muscle there. i love muscle :D
  • RAVEOFLIGHT
    RAVEOFLIGHT Posts: 11
    Options
    OP: Don't get discouraged because the 30 Day Shred is a very clever program that gets results, however,they seem to appear in spurs.

This is my 2nd time doing it. The first time was a few years ago when I didn't have knee issues, so I could do it every single day. I lost about 25 pounds in about 4 months - with 3 months of 30DS and the first month doing her Cardio DVD Burn Fat Boost Metabolism.

This time around, because of knee issues, I started doing it 2 to 3 times per week . Currently aiming towards 5 times per week. I noticed from the first time I did it that having one day rest worked better for me than doing it every single day.

So far I have lost inches like crazy. I eat clean with a cheat day per week , sometimes 2, and walk 1h15 mins per day at 3mph to 3.5mph. I don't eat back my exercise calories, but on my cheat day, I can eat up to 2300 net calories.

At first, I lost weight but very little, like 0.4 pounds per week, 7X Level 1 sessions into it, I gained weight temporarily ( 1 to 2 pounds). However, my muscle definition started to show after Level 1 session 5 and I lost a huge amount of belly fat, about 2 centimeters on the waist within 2 1/2 weeks.

Intensity: I use 4.5 pounds ( 2 kilos) dumbbells and do only beginner modifications for the lunges and squats, otherwise, I follow Natalie( advanced ).

Level 2 has definitely been where I've seen the most progress. I do sweat a lot more than doing Level 1. I love Level 2 because it's not as hard on the knees, or maybe my knees are now much stronger.

As you progress through the levels, you do get to burn more calories because you are able to exercise more intensely than when you started. Also, because you have built muscle, you are also burning more calories, even at rest.

You should get positive results soon.

The amazing thing about this program is that it works on so many levels. Emotionally, it will make you feel amazing, and if you are a bit depressed, will lift up your mood.

If you are out of shape and not the exercise bunny type, it will give you motivation and make you fall in love with exercise.

Sometimes, when I don't feel like doing it, I remind myself of my goal, I remind myself that I get results, I remind myself it's just 20 minutes and that I'll feel wonderful afterwards. My new motto for this journey is: "Falling out of love with food, falling in love with muscle."

Also, if you go to Amazon and look at the reviews, you'll see that there are people who are quite athletic that find this program challenging, so it's definitely an accomplishment just to be able to go through the whole DVD...

You will get fitter and build your endurance. It will tremendously help you to get to a fitness level where you can tackle new challenges.
  • workout_warrior
    Options
    OP: Don't get discouraged because the 30 Day Shred is a very clever program that gets results, however,they seem to appear in spurs.

This is my 2nd time doing it. The first time was a few years ago when I didn't have knee issues, so I could do it every single day. I lost about 25 pounds in about 4 months - with 3 months of 30DS and the first month doing her Cardio DVD Burn Fat Boost Metabolism.

This time around, because of knee issues, I started doing it 2 to 3 times per week . Currently aiming towards 5 times per week. I noticed from the first time I did it that having one day rest worked better for me than doing it every single day.

So far I have lost inches like crazy. I eat clean with a cheat day per week , sometimes 2, and walk 1h15 mins per day at 3mph to 3.5mph. I don't eat back my exercise calories, but on my cheat day, I can eat up to 2300 net calories.

At first, I lost weight but very little, like 0.4 pounds per week, 7X Level 1 sessions into it, I gained weight temporarily ( 1 to 2 pounds). However, my muscle definition started to show after Level 1 session 5 and I lost a huge amount of belly fat, about 2 centimeters on the waist within 2 1/2 weeks.

Intensity: I use 4.5 pounds ( 2 kilos) dumbbells and do only beginner modifications for the lunges and squats, otherwise, I follow Natalie( advanced ).

Level 2 has definitely been where I've seen the most progress. I do sweat a lot more than doing Level 1. I love Level 2 because it's not as hard on the knees, or maybe my knees are now much stronger.

As you progress through the levels, you do get to burn more calories because you are able to exercise more intensely than when you started. Also, because you have built muscle, you are also burning more calories, even at rest.

You should get positive results soon.

The amazing thing about this program is that it works on so many levels. Emotionally, it will make you feel amazing, and if you are a bit depressed, will lift up your mood.

If you are out of shape and not the exercise bunny type, it will give you motivation and make you fall in love with exercise.

Sometimes, when I don't feel like doing it, I remind myself of my goal, I remind myself that I get results, I remind myself it's just 20 minutes and that I'll feel wonderful afterwards. My new motto for this journey is: "Falling out of love with food, falling in love with muscle."

Also, if you go to Amazon and look at the reviews, you'll see that there are people who are quite athletic that find this program challenging, so it's definitely an accomplishment just to be able to go through the whole DVD...

You will get fitter and build your endurance. It will tremendously help you to get to a fitness level where you can tackle new challenges.

thank you!! on my 12th day tomorrow :)
  • sastrodder
    sastrodder Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I've just done L2D6 this morning and I am really noticing a difference. I always thought that my thunder thighs were something I would just have to learn to live with but my pants are beginning to feel loose in the bottom and thigh area.

My main concern is my tummy. Sometimes I am concentrating on getting the moves right and keeping up, I'm worried I'n not keeping my tummy pulled in as much as I should and it won't work - that's the part I'm trying to shift the most!!!!!!
  • FitChimi
    FitChimi Posts: 41
    Options
    I'm on Level 2 day 8. I haven't lost any weight while doing it, with a calorie deficit.
    But I lost 2 inches from my waist during Level 1.
    I just measured again yesterday and have lost an inch from my upper arms and .5 inch from my hips.

The big thing that I've noticed is that I can actually feel muscles forming and growing.
    Keep going and I'm sure you'll see results. Make sure to take measurements!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!