question about inputing recipies into the food thingy

Options
Hey I was going to go put like my recipies like for instance from other web sites like weightwatchers and when it ask for add ingredients for instance it will say 1/4 cup of something well anyway I was finding it in the database and then it would go over and ask how much.. And I could not find the the little slot for the 1/4 cup it just had like 1.0 servings or something unheard of... I need some help with this matter or its not gonna help me....

Replies

• blleadon
    blleadon Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    You should be able to adjust the number of servings. Does your item package tell you how many servings 1/4 cup is?
  • kimmybelle84
    kimmybelle84 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    no it does not I mean I am just going thr the ingredients step by step...
  • Lindaspencer
    Lindaspencer Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    if the 1 serving is a cup - then a 1/4 cup - you would enter in as .25 - almost all the entries are listed as 1 serving - so if you dont have the full serving you need to put in decimals - like .50 - or .75 etc.. - hope thats what u meant - lol - good luck -
  • petechiae
    petechiae Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    If the ingredient is in the database more than once, then try the other choices.
    For instance, you could find an entry of "Hummus, 1 serving". That doesn't mean much now, does it?
    In another entry, you could have the choice of "Hummus" in a portion of 2 tbsp or 30g. That makes more sense.
    It's usually what I do... I pick an entry that has the kind of measurement I like and it's even better if it has a few confirmations that the nutritional facts are right.

I hope you figure it out. Do not hesitate to message me if you need more help.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    Not sure what you are talking about, TBH. If you give a specific example, maybe we can help you.
  • kimmybelle84
    kimmybelle84 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Yea I do not understand still but I am fixin to have to go to the gym so will have to wait til I get back... Would u happen to have facebook and maybe we can chat on there later and we go in there and I can get u to walk me thr it that would be awesome... My faceboook is Kimberly Stuart and I have a lighthouse by my name feel free to add me and I will check it when I get back home.... Thanks and God bless