Extra chocolate during that time of the month

Options
Is it OK to indulge a bit more with the chocolate intake if I fit it into my calorie allowance? I have a tendency to eat an entire Lindt "Touch of Salt" bar (it's about 475 calories) when having my period. Is that too many calories for sweets?

Replies

• majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Is it OK to indulge a bit more with the chocolate intake if I fit it into my calorie allowance? I have a tendency to eat an entire Lindt "Touch of Salt" bar (it's about 475 calories) when having my period. Is that too many calories for sweets?
    Depends. If you're on 1200 calories a day, 475 going to chocolate might short you on important stuff like protein. If you're eating 2000 or more daily, not so much a problem.

But even if you're eating on the low side of calories, one day isn't going to make that much of a difference. Take your multivitamin and try to get as close as you can to your macros--not necessarily on the same day if it won't work. Like, if you did end up short on protein on your chocolate day, you could hit it heavier on the next day. You can make it work.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    If it fits in your calories and it's what your body wants, just have an extra chocolate bar. It won't hurt.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    I literally have chocolate every day and have managed to go from 220 to 120ish before, so I don't imagine a bar or two during TOM visit will hurt much.

DIsclaimer: I'm heaver than 120 now, but not because i eat chocolate.
  • tarynchatfield
    tarynchatfield Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    During your time of the month, a woman's BMR can go up by 15% so being hungrier and craving foods that will give you more energy is common :)

Maybe find a couple easy recipes that will satisfy your craving without being so calorie-dense? I melt dark chocolate chips and dip strawberries in them or have a gala apple with dark chocolate almond spread.
  • photosarah
    photosarah Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!!