Tummy bulge

Options
Baseball season has started which leaves me little time for exercise. I have a Fitbit which keeps track of steps walked and stairs climbed, etc. I try to make my goal of 10,000 steps and 10 flights of steps every day. In addition I've started doing 75-100 squats and wall pushups (25 at a time during breaks). I'm starting to notice a difference in my legs and arms. They are really toning up with the squats, etc. So my question is this: is there anything I can do at my desk for my tummy bulge? I know you can't "spot train" certain areas but I see such a difference in my legs and arms I was hoping for similar results for my tummy. Something I can do in the office - maybe 25 reps at a time?

Replies

• LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    There's nothing you can do except keep losing weight. You'll lose the fat there eventually.
  • Kris0109
    Kris0109 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Planks. You can't spot change, but you can tone the heck out of the muscle underneath.
  • samanthajade124
    samanthajade124 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Reverse crunches have really helped me with my tummy bulge, as well as diet of course. But the reverse crunches have greatly reduced it!
  • SteveSprawl
    SteveSprawl Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I practice sucking my belly button to my spine. 3 sets of 8. While it does not trim fat from my belly it trains my ab muscles to go in the "right" direction.
  • SteveSprawl
    SteveSprawl Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Reverse crunches have really helped me with my tummy bulge, as well as diet of course. But the reverse crunches have greatly reduced it!

Can you explain a reverse crunch?
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    There's nothing you can do except keep losing weight. You'll lose the fat there eventually.

QFT.

If you want to strengthen your core, planks are awesome. I also love Pilates based ab workouts.
  • larsensue
    larsensue Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    good advice . awsome ideas for exercise at work! I will be trying these!
  • Carrot1971
    Carrot1971 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys, I do planks and military pushups when my schedule allows. I will try reverse crunches and keep up with my diet!