45 pounds and still going

Options
I've lost 45 pounds toward my goal of 100 lost in a years time. I started at 300 pounds, give or take a few. I barely missed my initial goal of 50 by July 10th. Now I'm back on track to get to 100 by the end of January. In addition to following MFP very closely I ride a bike at least 3 days a week. I've also started doing P90X, but only the upperbody and ab workouts.

I plateaued back in June and haven't lost any real weight since then (2 month plateau). After missing my goal in July I have increased my resolve to lose the weight and keep it off and I think I have started losing again. Even when I wasn't losing weight I could still see change and shifts in my body shape and type.

Before MFP I had never done a diet plan of any kind. I have steadily gained weight over the past 10 years and decided it was time to take it off. Now I'm half way done. Thanks, MFP peeps for a great iPhone app that made this really easy for me.

Replies

• Ladeejulz
    Ladeejulz Posts: 56
    Options
    Congratulations!! That is an amazing accomplishment!!! You must feel so empowered by your success and it is such a great motivator to keep going!! Good luck with the next 55 lbs. You can do it!!! :flowerforyou:
  • sharrypdx
    sharrypdx Posts: 8
    Options
    Keep going, man! I'm right there with you!

Sean
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    That's great!!! It's not technically a plateau if you're still losing inches, so don't lose heart!! I'm glad to hear you're losing again and have such a strong resolve as to keep going!!! Keep up the good work!
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    That is absoultely amazing! I know exactly what you mean by not losing but seeing your body change shape and seeing things shift around. I been bouncing around between 45 and 50 pounds lost since May. Way to not give up during your plateau! Keep up the hard work!
  • Luludog1
    Luludog1 Posts: 119
    Options
    Wonderful! Keep up the good work.
  • luv4chelle
    luv4chelle Posts: 15
    Options
    Good deal. That is wonderful. I am glad that you have come this far and can't wait til you have met your goal. You are on it keep it going!!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,385 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Congrats!! You can do it!!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • ossojones
    ossojones Posts: 2
    Options
    I really am feeling rested and ready to put in another 6 months. Thanks for all the well wishes and congratulations! I posted this to motivate others more than myself though. I have motivated at least 4 other people to lose weight, eat better or live healthier with my good habits and hard work. I hope to motivate more over the next 6 months and beyond.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!