S.B.F. Challenge. . .June 24

Morning, all!

I feel all pumped up today. Today is Bikram, and walking there. Tonight is date night (hopefully I'll make it past 8pm tonight. . .) So I'll also probably go over a bit on my calories (it's my planned "treat" meal)

I was trying to think of a "non-food/exercise" element to the challenge for myself and I've decided on: remembering to take a bag with me to the store. I'm drowning in plastic bags here in my tiny apartment, and I have about 20 re-usable shopping bags, that I always forget to grab. I've already put one in each of my most used backpacks. So, that seems like a good habit to get into.

Also, the caffeine scaling back is pretty successful. I have one cup in the am, and that's it. I didn't even need my afternoon nap yesterday, so my body must be adjusting.

also today: vits and water.

Happy workouts, ladies!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Morning, all!

I feel all pumped up today. Today is Bikram, and walking there. Tonight is date night (hopefully I'll make it past 8pm tonight. . .) So I'll also probably go over a bit on my calories (it's my planned "treat" meal)

I was trying to think of a "non-food/exercise" element to the challenge for myself and I've decided on: remembering to take a bag with me to the store. I'm drowning in plastic bags here in my tiny apartment, and I have about 20 re-usable shopping bags, that I always forget to grab. I've already put one in each of my most used backpacks. So, that seems like a good habit to get into.

Also, the caffeine scaling back is pretty successful. I have one cup in the am, and that's it. I didn't even need my afternoon nap yesterday, so my body must be adjusting.

also today: vits and water.

Happy workouts, ladies!:flowerforyou:
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Good morning ladies!
    I cleaned house for an hour and a half yesterday, so I guess that counts. I did a lot better on my eating until dessert last night when I had two cupcakes and I really didn't even need one. But I'm just so excited that I didn't eat ALL day like I have been for the last two months!
    My goals for the day?
    Taebo (haven't done in weeks)
    Drink lots of water (hopefully 8 glasses)
    Log my food
    Take my son to story time at the library
    I need to get some more cleaning done too, just because I am on a roll, not because the house looks bad because it doesn't!
    Happy exercising!
    Melissa
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    I am always having to change my goals! For once I thought I could stick with these ones!
    New goals:

*Burn at least 1100 cals a week
    *No junk food
    *No binge eating

I think thats about it for now. Im not sure what Im going to do today. I may fold laundry (Which I doubt burns many calories haha) and I may go for a bike ride.
  • JulieB21
    JulieB21 Posts: 492
    Morning ladies! My hope for this challenge is to lose the last seven pounds to reach my goal and to start maintaining. Scary thought though. I really enjoy my water and my daughter makes sure I take my vitamins every day. I would like to try and walk more though.

Still doing the Shred Level 3 and headed out to walk now. My size 8 jeans will be here later today so I will let you all know how that goes.

Have a happy, productive day all:flowerforyou:
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Love love SBF Challenge, and LOVE the auspicious end date of 8/8/08! (posted this in the other thread by accident as well)

Greetings from the road. It's crazy and hectic, have barely had time to work out more than 30 min at a time. My goal is 5x a week no matter WHAT.

These past few days have been a wash, though. They have catering on the set but it's not healthy so it's reallllllly hard to keep the eating under control. And I drank last night for the first time in two months. Am really paying the price today...but I couldn't turn down the opportunity to do shots of tequila with Ty!

I've asked catering to come up with some leafy green options...and now that I have internet on set I'm going to commit to logging.

My goals for this challenge:
    WHEN SHOOTING (12 days in a row)
    ~ Keep logging food and exercise
    ~ Work out 5x week, no matter what
    ~ Limit drinking
    ~ Incorporate yoga workouts
    ~ Find workout partners -- other people on crew who want to stay healthy

WHEN HOME (5 days in a row)
    ~ Work out every day at home
    ~ Buy healthy options to take on the road
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Love love SBF Challenge, and LOVE the auspicious end date of 8/8/08! (posted this in the other thread by accident as well)

Greetings from the road. It's crazy and hectic, have barely had time to work out more than 30 min at a time. My goal is 5x a week no matter WHAT.

These past few days have been a wash, though. They have catering on the set but it's not healthy so it's reallllllly hard to keep the eating under control. And I drank last night for the first time in two months. Am really paying the price today...but I couldn't turn down the opportunity to do shots of tequila with Ty!

I've asked catering to come up with some leafy green options...and now that I have internet on set I'm going to commit to logging.

My goals for this challenge:
    WHEN SHOOTING (12 days in a row)
    ~ Keep logging food and exercise
    ~ Work out 5x week, no matter what
    ~ Limit drinking
    ~ Incorporate yoga workouts
    ~ Find workout partners -- other people on crew who want to stay healthy

WHEN HOME (5 days in a row)
    ~ Work out every day at home
    ~ Buy healthy options to take on the road

Heard a rumor that you are in Maryland! lots of great parks and trails here to enjoy hopefully you can find them and the time to get out there and exercise! Good Luck I know that being on the road is a challenge!
  • mlillie
    mlillie Posts: 302
    Is it ok to join in with you guys..I could not tell from reading the posts but I would love some support and check in with a group. Can someone tell me a little about SBF?

thanks so much

ml
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    We set personal workout targets (like: weight training 3 times a week, elliptical 2 xs a week. . .or whatever works for you).

Then, we start a new thread every day and check in with each other. Some of us make a weekly chart and give ourselves rewards for a good week. (non-food, of course.:wink: )

Join us. . .we're nice.:flowerforyou:

Oh, and SBF= Stronger, Better, Faster
  • meme2018
    meme2018 Posts: 241 Member
    Good morning... My goals for this challenge are:
    to workout 5-6 days a week at home or gym no matter what.
    to lose 10 pounds ( or more)
    no late night snacking.

Workout yesterday was 45 min .The Firm dvd and 30 min. walking dvd.
    I did have grapes last night . (not bad)

Have a great Tuesday everyone :smile: :smile: :drinker: :drinker:

Pam
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Here are my challenges for the next 6 weeks or so:
    No reading while eating - eat slowly as well
    Only one dessert a week - this is actually the hardest one for me :laugh:
    2 hours of weights a week
    2 hours of yoga a week
    continue the exercise cycling - this is a 500 calorie/day week, next is a 750 cal/day week.

Once these dance lessons are over, I'm going to add: cook something never made before each week, to the list.

That's my chart. I do cardio every day almost. I would love to take a week where I go up to 1,000 cal/day, just to try it out, see how much I can push myself.

My goal is to be comfortably under 150 (I'm 152 now) - 149 is acceptable, 148 is better. No yoga goals as the weights work against any flexibility, so just to stay equally flexible is fine. I will also add a 4.0 mph for 15 minutes goal on my treadmill - oddly I can go this fast outside and at the treadmills at the gym, but home treadmill is different (I think it's a little off). I will do this through interval training on the treadmill, which I've already started.

Yesterday was yoga and walking. Today is more walking and ? My foot hurts but walking doesn't bother it. I'm trying to figure out what made it hurt.
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    We set personal workout targets (like: weight training 3 times a week, elliptical 2 xs a week. . .or whatever works for you).

Then, we start a new thread every day and check in with each other. Some of us make a weekly chart and give ourselves rewards for a good week. (non-food, of course.:wink: )

Join us. . .we're nice.:flowerforyou:

Oh, and SBF= Stronger, Better, Faster

Non-food!! Daaaaaaaaaaang thats all i look forward to! hahaha
  • mlillie
    mlillie Posts: 302
    :happy: Great sounds wonderful.

I have moved and started a new job within the last few months so I am trying to get into a good routine and have a little balance as well (aka reduce stress- have more fun!)

I have a good gym routine 5-6 days a week but want to amp it up a bit

My goals-
    weight routine 3 times a week
    start back with yoga classes
    increase "green" intake

Rewards- facial or massage.

Good to be here!
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Welcome Carrie, mlillie & meme! :flowerforyou:

I am getting ready to do an hour on the gazelle which usually burns over 800 cals. I babysat all morning: took them for a walk on the track, played in the gym, played in the park. Why isn't child care listed for cals burnt?!?!?!

I am in for more tomorrow as I will have my son in addition to the two little girls from today. (their parents are friends of ours who are trying to pack for moving day this weekend so I'm trying to keep the girls occupied & let my son play one last time with two of his best friends :brokenheart: )

WL- good for you for asking for healthy options. I don't think you have done that before have you? Bravo!!! :drinker: