oldernotwiser Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    In a word, no.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    In a word, no.

^^^ this

the body can't burn up 10lb of fat in 10 days. If you lose 10lb in ten days, most of it will be water and glycogen, not fat. and you'll regain the water and glycogen.
  • keenster
    keenster Posts: 16
    Options
    Do you have a removable limb? Otherwise, no. Just. No.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    No, to the 1st question. Should have started about 60 days to answer the 2nd.
  • SnazzyTraveller
    SnazzyTraveller Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    sorry, but I believe not:sick:
  • Benji49
    Benji49 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    There is no healthy way to lose 10 pounds in 10 days.

Are you trying to fit into something?
  • ramonafrincu
    ramonafrincu Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    NOPE!!! just do it the right way! eat less and exercise more and give it 2 months....
  • redhead1910
    redhead1910 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Not unless you don't want one of your legs...
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    If you want to do it the UNhealthy way, try this:

1. Don't eat ANYTHING
    2. sip some "slimming tea" or other diuretic concoction to get rid of any water weight
    3. work out like an olympic athlete.

Just remember to have your insurance paid up for when they have to rush you to the emergency room for severe dehydration and exhaustion.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    A "healthy" way .... no

If you are desparate and need to fit into something .... I suggest a sauna suit and maybe some diruretics before the event .... and oh yea, spanx. Not healthy, but you can probably get zipped up.
  • LuHox
    LuHox Posts: 136
    Options
    If you think dehydration is healthy, then sure. You can't do much in 10 days. You can have a body wrap that will alter the moisture-content of your cells and make you look slightly thinner and smoother temporarily (assuming those work), and you can get a spray-tan, since everyone looks a little smaller when tan. But that's about it. Real change takes time.
  • Lunachic77
    Lunachic77 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    37638127.jpg
  • momo9128706
    momo9128706 Posts: 45
    Options
    No, not at all! I'm struggling just to loose 1-2 lbs a week and I eat healthy and exercise daily!
  • Sunnyjb
    Sunnyjb Posts: 220
    Options
    Get your brain taken out, you'll lose 10 lbs and then not have to worry about it anymore
  • MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    I am pretty sure if there were we would have lost that last 10 pounds really easy
  • mrshoneydew
    mrshoneydew Posts: 253
    Options
    Is there a way to lose 10 pounds in 10 days? Yes.
    Is there a healthy way to do it? Not that I can think of.

If you work out like crazy, and eat less than usual, you might get close. But would there be any point? If you are trying to take care of your body and lose weight for the long haul, no need to rush things. You will get there eventually.

Sometimes I lose pounds quicker than normal, but it's only when I'm super stressed out at work and I'm running around trying to meet deadlines and forget to eat lunch or if I'm sick or something. So exhaustion or illness. That is not the way I like to lose weight, and I just end up hitting plateaus afterwards before I start losing again from regular diet and exercise.

Key to healthy lifestyle and weight loss? Just take care of yourself!
  • zoegator
    zoegator Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I believe your head weighs about 10 lbs.. LOL

Just make good decisions! Get as close to your goal as possible! And strength training will help shape your body into "looking like" you've lost weight, but you won't technically lose any weight because muscle weighs more than fat. Just food for thought.
  • funforsports
    funforsports Posts: 2,656 Member
    Options
    You could lose water weight, not really healthy though and you just gain it back in a few days anyway.
  • abheshek
    abheshek Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    cabbage soup diet...heard somewhere

but from my experience it's not possible

even with with a very hard workout i barely manage to loose 2-2.5 lbs a week......
  • nicolecassandra
    Options
    Cabbage soup diet, but there are risks, and afterwards you'll gain weight again, so it's just temporary.

so I'll say no.