Your running shoes

Options
No, i am not asking for reccomendations, I got fitted and love my sneakers. I just want to see what everyone out there is running in.

I love my Purple and White, Mizuno Wave Rider 16's. They are light and cute, and give me tons of support for my high arches and supination. They cured my shin splints and even gave me a slight speed boost. I have had them about 3 months and have never been happier with my running!

You're turn...what are you running in?

~Cat

Replies

• weinbagel
    weinbagel Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Oooh I used to have Mizunos.. those are nice! Right now I have Sauconys but I'll need to buy new ones soon... probably Adidas this time. I bought Nike Frees once -- WORST decision ever!!
  • crista_b
    crista_b Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options
    Purple and gray Brook Ghost. I think they have some teal accents too. Don't remember. I haven't really looked at them much, just run in them. haha. I love them. I wanted some "cute" Nike Free Runs, but then I decided to stop being a stupid girl and care more about what would be better for me than what I thought would look cute when I was wearing them. The rest of me looks like crap when I'm running anyway, why does it matter what my shoes look like? :laugh:
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I'm running in Brooks Pure Cadence. I was using Brooks Trance 10s before, but not running as much. I like that the Pure Cadence's are lighter, but I like the room in the Trances. I think my Pure cadences are wearing out faster, to, since they're lighter. I will need new shoes soon, not sure if I'm going to go back to the Trances or stick with the Pure Cadence. I'm also thinking about getting fitted at a running store, although my first pair of Brooks came from a rec from a friend at Finish Line, who's been working in shoes for years, but no gait testing or anything.
  • CatShelton
    CatShelton Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Oooh I used to have Mizunos.. those are nice! Right now I have Sauconys but I'll need to buy new ones soon... probably Adidas this time. I bought Nike Frees once -- WORST decision ever!!

I have a pair of Nike Frees but they are more for kicking around the house or running errands. I don't think I could ever run in them! My shin splints would be back in a heartbeat!
  • dewsmom78
    dewsmom78 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I got rid of my Nike's and bought Asics Gel Kahana's. They were a good price on Amazon, and honestly I love them. They are so cushiony and have just the right arch support. I run with them mostly on blacktop and my feet are never sore. I'll never wear anything but Asics ever again.
  • CatShelton
    Options
    I'm running in Brooks Pure Cadence. I was using Brooks Trance 10s before, but not running as much. I like that the Pure Cadence's are lighter, but I like the room in the Trances. I think my Pure cadences are wearing out faster, to, since they're lighter. I will need new shoes soon, not sure if I'm going to go back to the Trances or stick with the Pure Cadence. I'm also thinking about getting fitted at a running store, although my first pair of Brooks came from a rec from a friend at Finish Line, who's been working in shoes for years, but no gait testing or anything.

I used to love my brooks Ghost, and glycerine's but I tried the new models of each recently and even after running in each for 2+ weeks they didn't feel right. the glycerines felt like I had a hard bubble under the ball of my foot all of the time...and the ghost still gave me blisters after 2 weeks. Never had that problem with any older models, so I took them back and tried the mizunos. I loved Brooks and was so disappointed when that happened! I am would definitely recommend getting fitted, but the cadence's are so cute! I have always wanted the teal/green ones!
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    Brooks Ghost 5 for me.
  • _Calvin_
    _Calvin_ Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I just got the Mizuno Wave Rider 16's last week. Bright F'en yellow! Not my color of choice, but it was the only color of Mizunos they had in my size so I chose fit over fashion.
  • timeasterday
    timeasterday Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    Brooks Ghost 5
    Mizuno Wave Inspire 8
    Mizuno Wave Precision 13
    Mizuno Wave Elixir 7
    ASICS Fuji Racer

Got the Mizuno's at a clearance sale (huge markdown) so that's why I have a weird mix.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    My last pair was Brooks Ghost 5. I loved those shoes!!

Now, I'm alternating between a pair of Mizuno Wave Rider 16 and Newton Gravity.
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    I trail run mostly.. or attempt to run. My dog makes it hard. But I have a pair of Merrells that I just love.
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    Coyote pelts or deer skin.

Occasionally I use these New Balance 870v2 but that's just when I run with people instead of the wolves.
  • CatShelton
    Options
    Coyote pelts or deer skin.

Occasionally I use these New Balance 870v2 but that's just when I run with people instead of the wolves.

:heart: you. That just made my day.
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    Saucony Guide 5. I tried on like 15 different shoes and they felt and fit the best.
    Although I haven't worn them since October.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    Brooks Pure Cadence, they haven't let me down yet.
  • Legs_McGee
    Legs_McGee Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Asics Gel Cumulus. They're purple, which was my main motivation in choosing them.
  • shenanigansmo
    shenanigansmo Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I'm on my 2nd pair of Saucony Triumph 9's. I just ran my first half marathon on Sunday and had no foot problems, blisters, or shin splints at all. I did have a little bit of knee and hip pain after the race, but that's because I know I've got some knee issues, but (like an idiot) was putting off seeing the orthopedist until after the race in case he told me I was going to need surgery and didn't want me to run the marathon.

You can say that I might be a *little* stubborn, competitive, and determined :tongue:
  • angelene175
    angelene175 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Brooks Trance 12 and Mizuno Wave Elixir 8. Different shoes but I really like both.
  • Gianna44
    Gianna44 Posts: 124
    Options
    Saucony Omni - forget which model?

Making a note of the Mizuno Wave Rider - I have high arches as well, and I think the Omni may have too much stability for me. I was fitted at a running store when I was about 15 pounds heavier and had not been running (or even walking regularly).
    (Still not "running" consistently, but trying C25K again.)
  • AmyMalley77
    AmyMalley77 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I love my Brooks Adrenalins.