I need support.

Options
Hey guys, after a long stressful year, I've come back and I am dead set against being this weight anymore. I want to look fantastic for my best friend's wedding, feel healthy for once in my life (I haven't been out of the "obese" catagory since I before I was 15.) The problem is, I have little to no support. My best friend's great when she's not busy with her wedding planning, school and work from hours away. I have no family nor friends near me and was hoping a few of you might stick around and encourage me here on MFP.

Thanks. :)

Replies

• ScottysSpeedShop
    ScottysSpeedShop Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm on a pretty good roll and I love posting motivational stuff. Wanna be friends?
  • xiamjackie
    xiamjackie Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I can be a friend too :) I would say 95% of my support through this journey has come from friends I made on here. There is only one person outside of this website that has given me encouragement on a near-daily basis. Make many *reliable* friends on here and they will help you! You can lean on us :)
  • kmonteo
    kmonteo Posts: 2
    Options
    Sounds like you have the motivation. Support is only a few clicks away. Sending you good thoughts and positive energy. : )
  • ashleyShades
    ashleyShades Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your journey. I am in the same boat as you. I don't get a lot of support outside of MFP!
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    You can friend me. I am here daily and only want friends who are serious about this life style change.
  • sherrihuntsmith
    sherrihuntsmith Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I am glad you are here. When you log the miles/reps/sets, we will be here! And when you don't.... we will be here! I had a couple of friends drop out or move from my area. So MFP became my group. But when you are here, you are never alone and we are all rooting for you.
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    sending request
  • mommasamfa
    mommasamfa Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Wow, thank you all for the support. In less than 30 minutes I received more support than I have in years. I'm finally serious about this but sometimes need someone to push me or hold me accountable.