Devils Tongue Cookies - 20-30 Calories per cookie!

Options
erinnpinky
erinnpinky Posts: 80 Member
Spent quite a bit time perfecting this recipe! Do Try it! Using Tofu Noodles as the main base ingredient. Add in PB2 if you want some peanut butter kick. They freeze amazing and go great with yogurt at night. Full recipe on my blog:

http://pinkspantry.blogspot.ca/2013/05/devils-tongue-cookies.html

P1080287.JPG
P1080332.JPG

Replies

• weinbagel
    weinbagel Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    these look delicious! i have a (dumb) question... how did you get the image in your post?? i couldn't figure out for the life of me how to do it! are you using html code?
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    Too bad the only ingredients I actually eat are the egg whites and cocoa powder. They do look good, though.
  • erinnpinky
    Options
    I right click on the picture and it gives me the option to "copy image url"

then when in the post (in this box here), i use the simple html code which uses square brackets img square bracket, then paste the code, then square bracket , backslash, img, square bracket.
  • WarriorReady
    WarriorReady Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I'm going to have to give these a try! :happy: Thanks for sharing
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    I already have Wiener Wednesday in my feed, so I figured this would go well. Also, in for the chocolate. :smile:
  • Susan_fessler
    Susan_fessler Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    is there anything you can replace the marshmallows with or are they necessary to make them vegetarian?
  • sleepingtodream
    sleepingtodream Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Might have to give them a try!:)
  • Montarosa456
    Montarosa456 Posts: 133
    Options
    These look ace! Any alternatives for the noodles? firm tofu or ? Just thing the noodles may be really hard to find here in the UK!
    I am such a cookie monster...
  • erinnpinky
    Options
    You don't need to use marshmallows. I only added in in an attempt to get my 5 year nephew to eat them :)

I am sure you can find the noodles in the UK - look for yam based noodles, or tofu noodles or shiritaki noodles. I believe I found about them from someone originally in the UK!

They do come out of the oven quite "soft", which is why I freeze them and then use them more as a crumble over icecream or yogurt.
  • KJ7777
    KJ7777 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    They look good :)
  • emhos671
    emhos671 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Bump