best and worst parts of moving?

Options
momblobnomore
momblobnomore Posts: 19 Member
I'm sure I am not the only one in the process of moving. What's the best and worst parts for you?

My least favorite is packing but I like going through things and getting rid of stuff that would otherwise sit in drawers.

When I get to the new house I like un packing and finding a place for everything.

Replies

• LonLB
    LonLB Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Worst part=ALL OF IT

Best part- When it's over with.
  • srslybritt
    srslybritt Posts: 1,618 Member
    Options
    Bump for later. T -10 days!!

^^^ Also, I agree with the poster above.
  • Tuffjourney
    Tuffjourney Posts: 971
    Options
    Worst part=ALL OF IT

Yep this ^
  • Ramberta
    Ramberta Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I agree with you, OP, it's quite liberating to throw out a bunch of junk when you move.

Worst part is easily cleaning-- floors, windows, anywhere that dust and grime has collected. Cleaning carpets are a nightmare. Also, moving with any pets just makes the process 50x more complicated.

Best part is getting everything set up in the new place when it's all clean. :smile:
  • MrsPong
    MrsPong Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Might be moving next week. Our issue is, if we like the house we have 5 DAYS to move out and into the house. (Military)

I hate moving even when the movers do it (military)... I HATE unpacking, making sure its all safe and not broken.

Best part: having a new house :)
  • seths_milf
    seths_milf Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    No real "best" part of moving for me. Hate packing, hate un-packing, hate moving everything, hate other people moving my stuff. Yeah, it just sucks. :sick:
  • leelxxsh
    leelxxsh Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    In the process of packing all my stuff up to either take home or store for the summer. It's amazing what you can fit in half of a dorm room :)

Worst: Actually getting up and doing it all, trying to find a way to fit everything into boxes, deciding what to take home and what to store, then having to unpack ALL of it when I get home and when I get back to school in the fall.

Best: Throwing away things I don't need anymore, reorganizing everything again in the fall.

I still think it's SUCH a hassle :)
  • katybug27
    katybug27 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    best: someone always brings alcohol
    worst: everything else
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    Worst part=ALL OF IT

all of this and
    lays.jpg
  • MaydayParadeGirl
    MaydayParadeGirl Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    UGH I jsut recently moved out. I love packing because I just shove every single thing I own into boxes but then you get there and I'm like '**** I have all this junk now' and I start throwing stuff away and then I'm like 'just throwing away my eight thousand garbage bags don't worry new neighbors I'm not weird or anything' PLUS the people moving me destroyed my desk (which was just for knick knacks mostly) and my DVD shelf so I have like a three boxes I can't unpack.

But all of that pales in comparison to the fact that other than Pippin, my dog and Izzy, my cat, it's just ME...worth it in the end and that is my favorite part of moving, the end!
  • locaoca
    locaoca Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I always believed I was THE expert at moving; I have moved 49 times in my life, 44 of those before I was 17.
    Best part of moving: packing, I actually can pack an entire house in 1 day. Unpacking takes longer.
    Worst part: leaving friends, neighbors, family behind. And having to make new friends.
  • synthomarsh
    synthomarsh Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Best part---- absolutely finding stuff you havent used in a long time or coming across that box of all photos from highschool and getting some good laughs.

Worse part--- timing always seems to suck with work or school or whatever, there is never really a "good time" to move lol
  • Ramberta
    Ramberta Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    best: someone always brings alcohol
    worst: everything else

Hahahaha! This was definitely how we encouraged our friends to help us move, cuz we had a pool table that needed to come up out of the basement! Those slate boards are f@$#in heavy.
  • Cre8veLifeR
    Cre8veLifeR Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    Worst part=ALL OF IT

^^^ that. I just moved a month ago and HATED every damn minute of it.