Haddock and Sweet Potato Recipes Anyone?

Options
jalara
jalara Posts: 2,622 Member
They're fresh, local and yummy, but I need a way to cook them tonight!

I'm tired of lemon & dill haddock and plain baked sweet potato!

Replies

• Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    Have you made sweet potato fries? Slice your sweet potato (Ieave the skin on) into 6 or 8 wedges, sprinkle with olive oil, a sprinkle of salt and your favorite seasoning (chili powder or cinnamon works for me but use whatever is your fave!) and bake in a 400 preheated oven for about 20 minutes. I realize that is not a lot different than a sweet potato, but the fact that you create more a fry texture is what I like.
  • musicmom04
    musicmom04 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    for haddock, i usually dredge the fish in eggs, then in some italian bread crumbs with a little parmesan cheese, dill, and pepper added. i put a cookie sheet sprayed with cooking spray in the oven while it preheats to 450. when the oven is preheated, i take out the cookie sheet and put the fish on it. bake 5 minutes per side and it's done.
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    I do halibut but it would work for haddock as well. Throw some low-cal itailian dressing on it in a baking dish. Dust with panko bread crumbs that is mixed with salt, pepper and italian seasoning. Bake 20-30 minutes at 400 degrees. I also do with Peach and Mango salsa and leave off the italian seasoning.

And baked sweet potato fries are YUMMY. I soak in salted water for 30 minutes and then dry completely (spin in a dish towel) - then season, olive oil and a hot oven! Don't forget to turn them! You can do the same with russet potatoes!
  • 20chloe09
    20chloe09 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Haddock fishcakes?

Make sweet potato mash and combine with the cooked haddock to make small cakes and bake in the oven until crispy on the outside. You can season the haddock with lemon juice and garlic and a tiny amount of chilli too and add chopped veggies like red onion and pepper.

I sometimes add an egg to bind the mixture together if it looks a bit too dry and maybe use a combination of sweet and ordinary potatoes if you don't want the fishcakes to be too sweet.
  • Izzys_mom
    Izzys_mom Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I love sweet potatoes roasted in the oven or on the bbq. Cube the sweet potato add a chopped onion a little oil or your fave salad dressing(try Sundried Tomato or Italian) salt and pepper wrap in foil or use bbq buddy for bbq or put on baking sheet for oven 20 min at 350 stir a couple of times and you are done.
  • emilyfh
    emilyfh Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I make sweet potatoes/yams all the time. I pour alittle (1 Tbl) safflower or grapeseed oil in a bake pan, peel and cut up 2 yams bite size, add to pan (coat with the oil) sprinkle with about 1 tsp of each; cinnamon, pumpkin spice, nutmeg and 1 packet of splenda, coat and mix with the spices, add alittle more oil if you need to. Bake 350-375 degrees (if Im baking chicken, chops or what even, can change the temp to meet the protein needs) at 375 about 40-50 minutes. When I bake, I bake a whole meal, lazy that way lol. The yams taste like pumpkin pie, really good side dish.