Any other watiresses out there?

Options
Anyone else find it difficult to be around so much bad food!! I recently looked up the nutritional info for the restaurant I work in and it sure is sobering! There really isn't much there at all that I should put in my body, but during supper rush sometimes I get hungry and I just want to eat the bread!!!

Replies

• ruch69
    ruch69 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Well.....I'm not a waitress, but own a restaurant with my husband....so I think I know what you are talking about ! My best guess would be to plan if you can find the time. Plan & pack....self made food beats the **** out of any other kind ! May be difficult initally, but I think it will help.
    All the best !
    Keep Smiling !!!!!
    Ruchira
  • masoca1
    masoca1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I too am a waitress and the food where I work isn't very healthy either! I've found now that I've shyed away from the rolls for a good bit, I don't want them anymore. Your progress will be a good motivator too. I definitley don't restrict myself but when I order something from work I split it with someone. Restaurant portion sizes are too much for us dieters!
  • klmix08
    klmix08 Posts: 14
    Options
    I have been working in a restaurant for a while now. I have to force myself not to graze. Recently I have been bringing food from home and making it at work because it is WAY LOWER in calories. On the days I do not bring my lunch I make up my own meal with the healther options we have on hand and it works out to be less calories.
  • greenteadaily
    Options
    Former waitress (who put on about 50 lbs in about 10 years of restaurant work).

The only time I was successful at avoiding the temptation at the restaurant was when I had my heart broken. :cry:

But what I saw work for others was not to order 'meals' but to order side dishes. The cooks were more than happy to make a chicken breast and side of steamed broccoli when ordered, and management was fine as long as you were charging yourself enough for what you ordered.

Also, I saw some people ordering a salad, but bringing their own dressing (and probably modifying the ingredients).