turkey burger

Options
lizziewhan
lizziewhan Posts: 148 Member
just had one for lunch and wanted to share that i freaking love them!! we eat turkey burgers all the time..but just thought id throw it out there for any of you who havent tried them yet

Replies

• dawn_eichert
    dawn_eichert Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Oh i so agree. :love: :love: We had a BBQ over the weekend and everyone else was eating Hot Dogs and Hamburgers and I had my turkey burger on the grill. Prompted lots of discussion and actually got someone to try it who didn't want to and she was really surprised that she liked it.
  • rndalsn
    rndalsn Posts: 26
    Options
    Okay. I'm one of those that are afraid to try turkey burgers. How do you make them? Do you just patty out ground turkey or are there any other ingredients that you add. I'm willing to give them a try! :)
  • lfcutie
    lfcutie Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I use the ground turkey and add all my seasoning then patty them out.,...i love them on the bbq but the stove works too..,.,i think they taste better when you patty them yourself....and i love my stuff seasoned so i add lots of seasoning to mine:)
  • sissytx
    sissytx Posts: 50
    Options
    I buy my turkey burger already in patties by Jennie O - so good. Yummy
  • Mellie13
    Mellie13 Posts: 424
    Options
    I LOVE turkey burgers. I usually just season the meat and cook on the george forman grill. Sometimes I chop up veggies and put in in as well. Depends on my mood!
  • lizziewhan
    lizziewhan Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    yes usually i buy them already in patties from jenni-o or that honeysuckle brand at walmart.......fresh or frozen doesnt matter to me. but sometimes we do patty them ourselves......i honestly dont add a lot of seasoning..im not a huge seasoning girl. ive had friends that turned their noses up when i said i was using turkey meat instead of hamburger meat...but then eat it and like it
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    Be careful with those --- turkey burgers can be just as fattening and caloric as beef burgers unless you buy lean ground turkey BREAST.

I personally prefer ground chicken breast burgers, they are much more succulent and tasty.

Perdue 4oz ground chicken breast = 80 calories after cooked.
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Okay. I'm one of those that are afraid to try turkey burgers. How do you make them? Do you just patty out ground turkey or are there any other ingredients that you add. I'm willing to give them a try! :)

what i do is add a little bread crumbs to mine so that it binds together better, and maybe a touch of evoo. i ad onions and garlic and salt and pepper to taste.
  • ltlemermaid
    ltlemermaid Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    I prefer turkey burgers now and love making them at home. I use this recipe from allrecipes.com and its yummy every time!! (even my picky husband likes them)

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Actually-Delicious-Turkey-Burgers/Detail.aspx
  • Mellie13
    Mellie13 Posts: 424
    Options
    I only use the 97/7 ground turkey breast and never the patties since all that I have seen are higher fat content. I also actually measure it out so it's a 1/4 lb burger.
  • reinventingandrea
    Options
    I agree too! They are awesome and I love them on the grill.
  • ErinGiam
    ErinGiam Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    We have turkey burgers for dinner at least once a week! We love them too!! :smile:
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    I have tried them do not like them. I allow myself the extra 20 calories for lean ground beef. I like the flavor of that soooooo much better!