BMR, TDEE, Goals help!

Options
I've seen several posts where you're supposed to eat between your BMR and TDEE to lose weight. I've also seen to eat your TDEE - 20%.

My BMR is 1808 and my TDEE is 2163. If I take 20% off of my TDEE, it becomes 1730, which is lower than my BMR.

I currently have my calorie goal to 1730, which is what MFP recommends with a 1 pound per week weight loss goal. I have been losing weight (9 pounds in 7 weeks - which is great!). I do want to continue losing, but I don't want to negatively impact anything.

My ultimate goal is to be 150 pounds, which would put my BMR at 1486 and my TDEE at 1775. My current goal of 1730 is within that range (although it's at the top end). Is this just a coincidence?

Do these numbers seem right? Any ideas/suggestions would be great!

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    since you have a fair bit to lose you should be fine with 1730. As for your TDEE that seems quite low Vs. your BMR, do you do any form of exercise? If so your TDEE should include that.
  • kiesha22001
    kiesha22001 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I put my TDEE as sedentary as I do a desk job (programming). I do exercise, but up until about 2 weeks ago, it wasn't consistant, so I didn't include it as part of my TDEE calculation. When I do exercise, I add them and eat most of my exercise calories back.

Thank you for the feedback!
  • zewolf77
    zewolf77 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/912920-in-place-of-a-road-map-3-2013

This is what I've been using to figure out my macros. Dan's very helpful also if you have questions getting started.
  • kiesha22001
    kiesha22001 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    zewolf - Thanks for the info! I've been looking for this thread.