Are you prepared for today?

Options
lina1131
lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
Do you have your meals planned out?

For me:

Breakfast - Sandwich thin, 2 teaspoons peanut butter, and a banana (258 calories)

Snack - Orange (70 Calories)

Lunch - Chicken wrap and a cup of veggie lentil soup - homemade (427 calories)

Snack - Cup of grapes (104 calories)

Dinner - 4 oz Filet Mignon, steamed broccoli, greek salad (342 Calories)

That is only a total of 1201 calories, so I will be adding in a couple of more snacks since I will be working out and burning around 400 to 500 calories!

Tell me what your food plan for today is!

Replies

• cparter
    cparter Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    You will have to look at my meal diary. It is complete up to dinner for today. Do not know what my love of my life has planned for dinner yet. :happy:
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Yep! Breakfast was 1 scrambled egg with basil on top of a corn tortilla with a little bit of popcorn cheese (haha)

Lunch will be 1 cup of tomato soup with a sandwich on a wheat bun of chunk light tuna and 1 tbsp sweet relish

Snack will be 3 oz. carrots (8-10 so I usually eat 9) with homemade hummus

Post-workout shake will be 1 scoop 100% whey chocolate protein powder in 8 oz. skim milk with 2 tbsp fresh ground honey roasted peanut butter

Dinner will be a 4 oz. cod filet, with some sauteed mushrooms & onions and 1 cup cooked elbow macaroni

Total is 1830. My base is 1400 and I've already worked off 154 and plan to work off another 250 (or so) tonight. I plan on leaving some exercise calories all this week to create a bigger deficit so I can see some weight loss before my trip, plus I'm running out of food and don't want to go grocery shopping before we leave. :)
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    I make meal plans a week in advance.

B: smoothie
    L: butter chicken, salad with hummus and israeli couscous with pita bread
    D: savoy cabbage parcels with couscous and veggies in tomato sauce
    Snacks: yogurt and hard boiled eggs if needed
  • AlisaToth
    AlisaToth Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Breakfast : Yoplait Light Boston Cream Pie F/F yogurt

Lunch: Bumble bee Chicken salad (the kind that comes premade with crackers...only i don't eat the crackers) on Sara lee 45calorie wheat bread and a chicken w mini noodles soup at hand.

Dinner: Cajun Shrimp Casserole (recipe from Southern Living) and a piece of garlic toast

I don't really snack too much between meals, but i have some extra calories left for the day (don't think i'll get a chance to work out) so i will probably end the evening with some 100Cal Cupcakes and a glass of skim milk!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I don't really snack too much between meals, but i have some extra calories left for the day (don't think i'll get a chance to work out) so i will probably end the evening with some 100Cal Cupcakes and a glass of skim milk!

Sounds good!!!
  • moosenbratsmommy
    Options
    i always say my days are planned but lunch is always subject to change
    but breakfast was a turkey italian sausage and a tomato
    lunch is supposed to be cucumber and tomato and flank steak
    dinner will be tilapia (1-2 fillets depending how hungry i am), cucumber, tomato and probably brocolli

i might go to the movies since i am child-less for the evening and if i do i'll have a small/jr (whatever is the smallest) popcorn as a treat... but considering i will have burned 800 calories in my 2 workouts i won't be mad at myself!
  • AlisaToth
    AlisaToth Posts: 415 Member
    Options

Sounds good!!!

God Bless Desserts under 200 calories! :-)
  • hannie75
    hannie75 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I try to plan my meals one day in advance so I can psyche myself up and not get tempted by other foods. It does work wonders! :) even if something unexpected comes up I can sort of plan around it
  • Najah5150
    Najah5150 Posts: 170
    Options
    i always say my days are planned but lunch is always subject to change
    but breakfast was a turkey italian sausage and a tomato
    lunch is supposed to be cucumber and tomato and flank steak
    dinner will be tilapia (1-2 fillets depending how hungry i am), cucumber, tomato and probably brocolli

i might go to the movies since i am child-less for the evening and if i do i'll have a small/jr (whatever is the smallest) popcorn as a treat... but considering i will have burned 800 calories in my 2 workouts i won't be mad at myself!

If you go to the movies...have fun cousin! I just started planning out my days.
  • rose1617
    rose1617 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Yep :) Until dinner that is.
    I work out after work/before dinner, but I'm not always so hungry after working out, so I don't plan dinner that way I will only eat what I'm hungry for.
    It seems to be working well.
    Breakfast: special k protein plus with nonfat milk
    Lunch: 2 grilled chicken tenderloins, green beans, and maybe red potatoes if I'm still hungry
    Snack: sugar free jell-o black cherry
  • moosenbratsmommy
    Options

If you go to the movies...have fun cousin! I just started planning out my days.

its easier if i plan and pack! i even tell the girls at work i'm just gonna have my food i brought most of the time!
    best of luck! (to everyone!)
  • ♥jewelchristian♥
    ♥jewelchristian♥ Posts: 3,666 Member
    Options
    popcorn cheese (haha)

What is that :smile: