Sir Alex Ferguson

Options
gym_king_carlie
gym_king_carlie Posts: 528 Member
I am not a football (soccer) fan, But hats off to the best manager in the world after announcing his retirement, his achievements are phenomenal.

Replies

• xvxCelticWandererxvx
    xvxCelticWandererxvx Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    I was surprised to hear it! He's done well by the club.
  • gym_king_carlie
    gym_king_carlie Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    likewise I was surprised too, full of admiration for his consistency.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Good... maybe Arsenal will have a chance now.
  • M______
    M______ Posts: 288 Member
    Options

What do you mean? It looks like you are going to win 3rd this season!
  • jacksonpt
    Options

Which is a friggin miracle... perhaps the best job arsene wenger has done. But it's been a while since Arsenal has been any real threat to win any of the big trophies.
  • ramonafrincu
    ramonafrincu Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Sorry guys, Man United all the way!!!
  • M______
    M______ Posts: 288 Member
    Options

Which is a friggin miracle... perhaps the best job arsene wenger has done. But it's been a while since Arsenal has been any real threat to win any of the big trophies.

Before the exodus, I don't know how your lot didn't win the league at least once or twice more
  • Glasspack
    Glasspack Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Gunners need to spend some $ on the right players. Better defense and some depth in midfield. Please Arsene spend $ on accomplished players not 14 yr olds.

But hats off to SAF he's done a great job and had a fantastic career. So who is his replacement Moyes, Klop, Mourinho, Roy Keane ???
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    Whatever! He is who he is because David Beckham decided to play for him.
  • andiechick
    andiechick Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    You can't help but wonder how they'll fare without him in charge....they've been at the top for so long but will they do as well without him giving them a boot up the ar$e??? As for my team...well we'll just be happy staying in the Premier league....we're above our biggest rival and hopefully will stay there :wink:
  • jacksonpt
    Options

Before the exodus, I don't know how your lot didn't win the league at least once or twice more

No real mental toughness and a lack of leadership on the field... They always lack the intangibles that guys like Rooney bring.
  • jacksonpt
    Options
    Gunners need to spend some $ on the right players. Better defense and some depth in midfield. Please Arsene spend $ on accomplished players not 14 yr olds.

There is definitely some truth to that!
  • gottogetinshape
    gottogetinshape Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Wow. I didn't expect to see his name mentioned here. I was a massive Man. Utd fan as a kid. He's a legend. This is his second retirement announcement. I think he deserves it. :)
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options

There is definitely some truth to that!

Or a lot.

Yes, good luck to him. He has definitely been a consistently great manager. Will be interesting to see how things play out with ManU over the next couple years.

...my phone hates me...
  • chesq77
    chesq77 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    thank god hes retiring, now Ronaldo will stay at Real Madrid for sure, i hope
  • MelyndaWaldner
    MelyndaWaldner Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Gooooo Real Madrid!!!!!!!!!
  • xvxCelticWandererxvx
    xvxCelticWandererxvx Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    I will also miss seeing him chewing his gum like a mad man and getting red in the face during matches! ha ha
  • jessmarek00
    Options
    I hope that's a joke.

Edit: In response to NormInv's Beckham comment, I mean.
  • Mumbles83
    Mumbles83 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    YNWA !
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    Gooooo Real Madrid!!!!!!!!!

what she said!