Starting Insanity Workout

Options
2»

Replies

• wffolkes
    wffolkes Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Ready for Day 5 week 1 here, soreness is mostly gone due to the cardio rest yesterday and drinking my protein shakes.

Pure Cardio today and im buzzing because I know it will hurt but i'm determined to push.

I try to keep up then tail off at my own pace.
  • leahsevilla
    leahsevilla Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! Is there a cheaper place to get the DVDs then buying them outright? I'm really broke. Also, how much room do you need for it?
  • RJcon
    RJcon Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello all you fellow insanity fans! I have just started using my fitness pal and wanted to ask; how or what do you record the Insanity workour as in the exercise log? I have tried searching for various options and don't know what to classify it as?! Any suggestions for what others out there do?

Thanks

rona
  • o0JenB0o
    o0JenB0o Posts: 39
    Options
    I just finished day 38 {Month 2, Week 1, Day 3}
    I use my HRM to track my calories and then added my own "workout" to the MFP "library" {as cardiovascular}
    i "only" lost 10.2 pounds since starting but lost OVER 26 inches
  • hottamolly00
    hottamolly00 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Just finished my first workout. That was hard. I cant stop sweating. haha

Oh yes, the "afterburn" where you get in th eshower, come out and you're still sweating, lol.
    I'm in the middle of week 3. Cardio abs is short but hurts like a son of a gun. Cardio recovery is just that, light cardio but your buns and thighs will be screaming. Pure cardio, still can't complete all the moves but I do as much as I can. I burn between 450-600 calories with each 40 minute workout. It's good stuff!
    I also don't wear shoes, I have carpet in my house and shoes tend to trip me up. My ankles were a little sore the first week but now they're fine.

Yep, I'm in my 3rd round - day 52. I did it this morning and could.not.stop.sweating! I'm like, get it together body; I have to do my hair for work! haha

Good advice you've gotten - go at your own pace, (don't try to keep up with them; heck THEY fall out), modify what you have to, take breaks as you need them for rest and/or water and make personal records for yourself based on that. Try to do more ski abs/ more level 1 drills/etc. Get a good protein/recovery drink and have it w/i 30 minutes of your workout. That was totally a difference maker for me. I never had any super soreness where I couldn't move. Get good cross trainers - not running shoes. Add people doing Insanity - insaniacs I like to call us - it helps. We know what you're going through...or what you have coming. (insert evil laugh)

Take lots of pics and measurements!!!! Depending on your goals, the scale may or may not tell the whole story of all the changes that are going on with your body.

It doesn't get easier because you get better and push harder each time. It's bananas yo! Shaun T is my friend. True story. Because he liked one of my workout pics on Instagram; we're besties now!

Here's my results from rd 1 (sorry if it's huge). Hoping to have this after pic as my new before pic in about a week and a half when I officially finish round 3!!!!

2nspr6.jpg

Wow!! Great results, lady!
  • hottamolly00
    hottamolly00 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    It's hard, but totally doable. As long as you pace yourself, you should be fine. The tempo speeds up as the workouts progress, and the people on the DVD look like crazy people, but Shaun T wants you to go at your own pace, but still push yourself. If you can't meet their speed, go as fast as you can stand it. I've only done it a week, but I love it. My body feels fine. I wear shoes and do the plyometrics on a foam exercise mat, so my landings feel pretty soft.
    So today, im going to be starting the 60 day Insanity Workout. As much as I am excited about it, im also petrified. From what ive read, this is going to be hard, but worth it.
    Im sure my neighbours in the flat downstairs are going to love me.

Does anyone have any tips, or advice about it? How have your results been? Would be great to hear some of your stories too.
  • sunbead
    sunbead Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! Is there a cheaper place to get the DVDs then buying them outright? I'm really broke. Also, how much room do you need for it?

Hi there, you could try Craigs list or ebay maybe... just be careful you're not buying copies... you could also ask friends if they have it and could lend it to you... good luck :)
  • rachelisrued
    rachelisrued Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    what i do is use my hrm and then add my own workout with the cal's that i burned.
  • stacw1987
    stacw1987 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Add me people! Starting Insanity hopefully when it arrives next week! Sounds awesome, I just hope I can pull through lol! :-)