Replies

• UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    trollhomeless.jpg
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    our local radio stations said the homeless diet means you eat off of $1.50 a day.... like cheap eggs, cheap bread, etc. they said nothing about eating paper

But the paper is where you get all of the fiber!

Fiber is great, but you can't JUST eat fiber. Where would you get your protein from?

You can probably get fats just from smelling the McDonald's wrapper, though, I have to admit.

You can get protein AND supplement your income in any back alley in any city.

if_you_know_what_i_mean_mr_bea.jpg
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    Not everyone is lucky enough to be born with common sense, takes some longer to achieve it.
  • christina0089
    christina0089 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    our local radio stations said the homeless diet means you eat off of $1.50 a day.... like cheap eggs, cheap bread, etc. they said nothing about eating paper

Fiber is great, but you can't JUST eat fiber. Where would you get your protein from?

You can probably get fats just from smelling the McDonald's wrapper, though, I have to admit.

TRUTH! I once gained ten pounds just picking up some micky D's for my hubby! Ugg!
  • SatchGallamax
    SatchGallamax Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    All this time I've been wasting real food and money on homeless people. I'll just toss them some newspapers and wrappers next time. Thanks for the tip!
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options

HAHA! Nice.
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    Most fast food joints have a grease pit outside that they empty the old fry grease into. If you can find this then you can pick out pieces of fries or even just add some grease to the paper to make it taste better. You can also use this grease for fuel to stay warm at night. Find one of these places for sure.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    All this time I've been wasting real food and money on homeless people. I'll just toss them some newspapers and wrappers next time. Thanks for the tip!

Right? Informative thread, this is.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options

Haha! Funny... because prostitution, right?

Yeah, prostitution is illegal in most states, though.

Also, carbs are needful for energy and the OP is a man, so he might not want to do the back alley thing.
  • SatchGallamax
    SatchGallamax Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Also, I would like to add that this diet is not sustainable long-term...

Print media is dying out and soon you won't have any newspaper to eat.
  • bmstee03
    bmstee03 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    because homelessness is super funny....wait. No.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options

Woah . . calm down. This isn't meant to be funny and you only eat trash.

We don't eat actual homeless people.
  • christina0089
    christina0089 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Most fast food joints have a grease pit outside that they empty the old fry grease into. If you can find this then you can pick out pieces of fries or even just add some grease to the paper to make it taste better. You can also use this grease for fuel to stay warm at night. Find one of these places for sure.

:sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options

ACTUAL homelessness isn't funny.

tumblr_m43ez8ohHS1qlilguo1_500.gif
  • RoseTears143
    RoseTears143 Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options

**No homeless people were harmed in the making of this thread**
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options

'Twould solve Concrete's protein issue, though. Ethically, can you hunt your own meat, or is it preferable to scavenge?
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    CannibalisticVegetarian Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    Just wait until week 3, the amount of cardio you do pan handling for change will easy burn enough calories to enjoy a double helping of warm beer breakfast... i lost 4 lbs that week.

*officially crying from laughter*
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,051 Member
    Options
    This diet is BS.... I see a fat homeless woman everyday by Wall Street....
  • 2BhappyBhealthy
    2BhappyBhealthy Posts: 181 Member
    Options

oh crap. we don't...?....... :embarassed:
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    The idea is to get our bodies back to a more 'Homeless state' like our Ancestors who were also homeless.

Modern things like 'soap', 'deodorant', and 'shampoo' are destroying our bodies and making us fat.

Hygeine plays a HUGE role in the Homeless Diet