Stopping by to say Hi…

Options
I saw the doctor yesterday. She said I did not have a stroke. WooHoo good news there! But since I am having headaches again she has ordered a CT scan for me. I have metal in my head from surgery to remove a brain tumor 27 years ago so I can not have an MRI. They want to have a look and see if the tumor is maybe coming back. They want to have a look at it every so often anyway. (I have felt like a “Watched Pot” for the last 27 years lol)
I honestly think the headaches are from my neck and back. So does the doctor …..I think. But since I did have a tumor years ago they want to take a look and make sure everything is still OK.
I asked if I could please not have the CT scan till after the first of the year…..they said that would be fine. Yippee no more out of town doctors till January. (I still have to see one here though ggrrrr) But hey….things could be worse so I’m not going to complain about that one hehehe
When I got back home last night I figured my calories for the day. I had just a tad over 2000 calories for the day. We ran around town and through the malls looking for that one special ornament that our daughter-in-law wants as well as other things. So between the eating and running around like we did I feel like I did OK even eating the scone on the way home. I feel it was better to eat that then to let myself get too hungry. The scone was the lesser of the evils that there was to choose from at the time. We do what we have too sometimes. Today I did really well and I know I will the rest of the week also. I am back home where I can have more control over what there is to eat.
Today I have been busy getting the games and things ready for our TOPS chapter Christmas party this Friday. Tomorrow and Thursday I will be getting the gifts and prizes ready.
I just wanted to stop by and say Hi.
Have A Great Day Everybody!
Loretta :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Loretta_Jo
    Loretta_Jo Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    I saw the doctor yesterday. She said I did not have a stroke. WooHoo good news there! But since I am having headaches again she has ordered a CT scan for me. I have metal in my head from surgery to remove a brain tumor 27 years ago so I can not have an MRI. They want to have a look and see if the tumor is maybe coming back. They want to have a look at it every so often anyway. (I have felt like a “Watched Pot” for the last 27 years lol)
    I honestly think the headaches are from my neck and back. So does the doctor …..I think. But since I did have a tumor years ago they want to take a look and make sure everything is still OK.
    I asked if I could please not have the CT scan till after the first of the year…..they said that would be fine. Yippee no more out of town doctors till January. (I still have to see one here though ggrrrr) But hey….things could be worse so I’m not going to complain about that one hehehe
    When I got back home last night I figured my calories for the day. I had just a tad over 2000 calories for the day. We ran around town and through the malls looking for that one special ornament that our daughter-in-law wants as well as other things. So between the eating and running around like we did I feel like I did OK even eating the scone on the way home. I feel it was better to eat that then to let myself get too hungry. The scone was the lesser of the evils that there was to choose from at the time. We do what we have too sometimes. Today I did really well and I know I will the rest of the week also. I am back home where I can have more control over what there is to eat.
    Today I have been busy getting the games and things ready for our TOPS chapter Christmas party this Friday. Tomorrow and Thursday I will be getting the gifts and prizes ready.
    I just wanted to stop by and say Hi.
    Have A Great Day Everybody!
    Loretta :flowerforyou:
  • BeesKnees
    Options
    That's good you don't have to go to an out of town doctor until the new year!
    Did you find the perfect ornament you were looking for? Was it a busy outing? I work at a Michaels arts and crafts, and we are BUSY every single day now... Christmas time is crazy for retailers.

I just read about TOPS online, you peaked my curiosity. I've done weight watchers for a long time, and the support and weekly weigh ins are nice, but It's getting to be a bit much on my budget. TOPS is much cheaper! It's an interesting program. Maybe I'll think about joining..

Hope you have a good one!
    Lexy
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    Thank you for sharing and updating us, it is nice to put a face to the name now too. Pls keep us updated on how you are feeling. It is nice for you to be home now isn't it....for many reasons I'm sure.
    ANNE
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Hi Loretta_Jo, I'm glad for you that you don't have to go to the doc's before the new year. Sounds like you had a nice time out shopping. Wish we had a tops here. I think there used to be one but I'm not sure. Your right about it being easier to control you diet at home. I had to be at a friends today for the day and she doesn't watch what she eats so I brought my own food. She is a love but we just don't eat alike at all but she is great because she doesn't make a big thing of the fact I want my own food. Nice to hear from you again. Take care of yourself. ~Karen
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,943 Member
    Options
    LJ,

Glad things seem to be working out for you. Have a great time at the TOPS party. Sounds like fun!

Cheryl