Bread crust

Options
thendrick
thendrick Posts: 102 Member
This is probably a dumb question but, how many calories do you think bread crust is?
I don't usually eat the crust so if 2 slices of bread are 170 calories, do you think I'm saving very many calories by not eating the crust?

Replies

• Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    If you have a food scale you could figure this out exactly.
  • bethrs
    bethrs Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Nelski beat me to it- weigh the bread before and after the crust, subtract a percentage of calories. Perhaps there is a different amount of calories in the crust (particulary if the pan was "greased", "buttered" or "floured") but I figure it will be close to the same.
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    If you are that concerned with calories just buy the bread that is only like 50 cals a slice, thats what we buy, and its white bread and doesnt taste any different
  • TiffanyGrace
    TiffanyGrace Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    WOW! You've all done really well on your goals!! I'm just starting out, and it's only the first week, already feels SUPER hard.

Any tips??
  • lilmissy2
    lilmissy2 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    It depends what type of bread you buy. The few times I've tried to cut crust off my wholegrain bread (for french toast) I felt like I lost half of the piece but if I cut it off white bread I can get a lot closer because it's not as dense. I agree with others about weighing.
  • elmct57
    elmct57 Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    white without crust is about 27 calories; whole wheat is 31.