Let me see some UK shopping list?

Options
Seriously, I live alone.. 19 and struggle cause I'm on a budget while studying. I need to see some shopping list and how much you est on what you spend? Please :3

Replies

• ClaireSmith811
    ClaireSmith811 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: 2 slices of toast with flora light OR 30g Special K with red berries & 125ml semi-skimmed milk
    Lunch: Usually soup with a wholemeal roll spread with flora light or a sandwich
    Dinner: I usually buy low fat healthy eating range microwave meals, mostly the shops own brand as weight watchers ones are quite expensive. I usually have them with salad or I buy the McCain ready baked jacket potatoes that you just pop in the micro for 5. I also like the Birdseye Chicken Chargrills (you get different flavours) and they are only £1 in Farmfoods. I usually have them with salad too.
    For snacks I'll have Mattesons Fridge Raiders or a low fat yoghurt or if I fancy a crisp Quavers & Wotsits are good.

I don't really cook from scratch as I have my wee boy & don't get much time and my OH just lives on bloody takeaway. I'm quite happy with my microwave meals and I know how many calories are in them!
  • Bioc
    Bioc Posts: 96
    Options
    Breakfast: 2 slices of toast with flora light OR 30g Special K with red berries & 125ml semi-skimmed milk
    Lunch: Usually soup with a wholemeal roll spread with flora light or a sandwich
    Dinner: I usually buy low fat healthy eating range microwave meals, mostly the shops own brand as weight watchers ones are quite expensive. I usually have them with salad or I buy the McCain ready baked jacket potatoes that you just pop in the micro for 5. I also like the Birdseye Chicken Chargrills (you get different flavours) and they are only £1 in Farmfoods. I usually have them with salad too.
    For snacks I'll have Mattesons Fridge Raiders or a low fat yoghurt or if I fancy a crisp Quavers & Wotsits are good.

I don't really cook from scratch as I have my wee boy & don't get much time and my OH just lives on bloody takeaway. I'm quite happy with my microwave meals and I know how many calories are in them!

Thank you ♥♥
  • bitterrevenge
    bitterrevenge Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Try shopping at different times of the day, I went earlier than usual yesterday and managed to pick up loads of discounted turkey (burgers/breasts/strips) that I can freeze.

Typically though I live on - Oatmeal or eggs for breakfast - Asda do 12 eggs for £2

If you like things like soup and noodles etc try B&M's or home bargains if you have one close, they tend to have tins and stuff for real cheap - they also do things like sandwich meat, sausages etc for cheaper than the supermarket.

Pasta and rice are filling and very cheap aswell (get the cheapest there is - it's all the same!)