Skipping one day of workout? What to do?

Options
poma91
poma91 Posts: 181 Member
Hi guys!

So at the moment I am at my 3rd week of Shaun T's Rockin' Body program.
This weekend I am going to London so it won't be possible for me to do my 6th day (Saturday) workout of the week. That's why I am a bit confused of what to do? Should I compensate for the skipped workout on Friday (or any other possible day). Should I compensate for it at all? I have read that if you skip a workout to do it on your rest day, but my rest day is Sunday and I'll still be in London so this option is out of the window :)
So any suggestions? :D

Replies

• elsbbels
    elsbbels Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I'd double it up on the day before or day after :) xxx
  • AbsyPernet
    AbsyPernet Posts: 145
    Options
    agreed with elsbbels :) Or like his insanity workout, whereby you get one day of rest, I will do it on that day. Have fun:smile:
  • khall86790
    khall86790 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about it. If you are visiting London, chances are you will do a lot of walking anyway so you will still get a pretty good burn from the weekend.
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about it. If you are visiting London, chances are you will do a lot of walking anyway so you will still get a pretty good burn from the weekend.

Yep.
  • massage_gal
    massage_gal Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    You can always miss the extra day and try to space it out, it's not good to push yourself too hard. I don't know his workouts, so I don't know what they are like, but having spent the past weekend traveling, I had to do 2 rest days this weekend due to it. Sure, I gained a little, but I'll lose it again.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    i think that you should just take those days off, and then do the next work out the next day you can. skipping a work out is not a big deal. life happens. just don't make it a habit.

i most certainly would not double up on a work out on the same day. well, maybe, but once you get more conditioned. and i would do the first one as early in the day as possible, and the second one later in the day. and i'd only do this after a rest day.

case in point, i'm training for my third and fourth triathlon. was supposed to swim last night, but the pool was closed. i'll be instead swimming thursday morning and cycling that afternoon. i do use different muscles in the two work outs though.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Just carry on when you get back. i wouldnt skip it or double up, it just means you are a day behind schedule.
  • tacguy
    tacguy Posts: 196
    Options
    Missing one workout is not the end of the world and will not derail you fitness as long as it doesn't become a habit. I hate missing workouts too, but life happens.
    I would not double up.
  • poma91
    poma91 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    thanks a lot for the responses... i guess i won't compensate after all although when following a workout plan I am freakishly obsessed it haha :D
  • SirZee
    SirZee Posts: 381
    Options
    If you are skipping, then SKIP! Just need a skipping rope ;)
  • Danny_Boy13
    Danny_Boy13 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    Dont worry about it.... relax and enjoy the down time. Just don't fall off of the wagon.