what works best for you

Options
disclaimer: i don't like to type with caps, sorry (and no i'm not a big fan of e.e cummings :tongue: )
i've just been doing the treadmill on work days (2x a day, 4 days a week) and my biggest loser (the original/1st one) workout dvd at home on my days off (3 days- once a day- kids get in the way) and i am interested in what you all are doing.
any exercises you recommend? any workout dvds that are must-haves?

Replies

• amg_89
    amg_89 Posts: 184
    Options
    Go to runnersworld.com they have all sorts of workouts you can do on the treadmill to keep it interesting (hill workouts, speed workouts, etc). Even if you aren't a runner you can look at the workouts and adjust them to walking on the treadmill. It's a great way to change up your workouts a bit and help the time go by faster!
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    Right now I've mostly been walking. I walk the track at my daughter's soccer practice twice a week. Tuesdays and Thursadays I walk the trail by my house that has hills! Occasionally I do a DVD of some kind.
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    I spend 50 minutes on an elliptical every Monday and occasionally on Fridays, I try to walk 4 miles at least one time a week, and I try to do the 30 Day Shred DVD at least once, sometimes twice a week. Lucky if I average doing something 2-3 times a week though!
  • kelly_a
    kelly_a Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    I have an **antique** :bigsmile: video tape from 1988!! :noway: It is Denise Austin/Non-Aerobic Trim & Tone workout, and IT works! Whenever I feel I am not getting results from other workouts, I pop it in my vcr and get stretching! on average I can burn anywhere from 130-140 cals in 27 minutes. It's a workout from head to toe! I use it about twice a week, but in '96 I did it more often and went from a size 18 > 8...in 6 mos, this was the only exercise did while also working full-time in a hospital, LOTS of walking AND doing Jenny Craig. Areas I notice the most difference in toning are: waist area (love handles), buttocks, calf & thigh muscles, triceps, and back/bra fat! The best part about it is that it helps with any sore muscles I get from other exercises, a really good stretch for the whole body. It's a great workout for toning, slimming down and getting firm without bouncing! :bigsmile:
  • elloradannon
    elloradannon Posts: 111
    Options
    I agree that 30 day shred is a great dvd, also I've done Slim in 6 a few times and had great results
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    What no swimmers or water aerobic gals! It's a GREAT workout and no sweating! LOTS of calories burned (look it up).
  • moosenbratsmommy
    Options
    kelly, that's exactly what i need to work on... my back fat lol
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    Do intervals of jogging and/or high inclines on your treadmill.

I like TurboJam for workout DVD's. I do have 30 Day Shred too but only do occasionally. They are good short workouts but sometimes Jillian just bugs me lol.
  • BR1986FB
    BR1986FB Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    P90X & Insanity. I start a full blown 90 day P90X/Insanity hybrid on 8/7. I should be able to grate cheese with my abs when I'm done. :tongue:
  • moosenbratsmommy
    Options
    P90X & Insanity. I start a full blown 90 day P90X/Insanity hybrid on 8/7. I should be able to grate cheese with my abs when I'm done. :tongue:

good luck!
  • BR1986FB
    BR1986FB Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options

good luck!

Thanks!

My 3rd round of P90X will be done on Friday and I've been doing the first 30 days of the Insanity dvd's for a month in place of P90X cardio dvd's so I know what I'm in for there. The "max" or second 30 day Insanity dvd's are what have me sweating bullets.

Best of luck to you too!
  • mommyofbandb
    Options
    I work-out on an elliptical and I also just started doing Jillian's 30 Day Shred DVD and I LOVE it! :love: It is a great work-out and you are done in 20 mins! I also love Tae-bo! Good luck to you!! :happy: