So sad!!!!

Options
I am feeling so sad, fed up and low.... Not only am i not loosing weight, but people are saying about it, behind my back, i had my 40th last week and yes i had food and drink and yes i know i have to get back on track, but when people are mean and put me down it makes me want to eat bad things, like comfort....

My ex hubby is giving me grief, i just cant cope, i am trying to focus and be positive, but its so hard :((((((

Replies

• Alure
    Alure Posts: 30
    Options
    Don't feel bad. What you're doing is for yourself, and it's none of their business. Maybe do something nice for yourself... bubble bath, pedicure.. to help reduce your stress and put a smile on your face. :D
  • halfpint71
    halfpint71 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Instead of feeling sad try getting mad! :grumble: People can be cruel but once you've lost the weight and feel better about yourself you get the last laugh. :laugh: Don't let rude comments sabotage your goals. :flowerforyou:
  • husker_gal
    husker_gal Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Hang in there! I know how you are feeling. I have been going through a lot of stress at work because my supervisor has been a raging **insert not so nice word here** lately. And I mean off the top bad! It's caused sooo much stress that I've gotten physically ill from it a few times in the last week. And I'm a comfort food eater too. I just decided that when I need comfort foods to do it in a way that I will still stay in my calories. Like today...I tweaked my meals and snacks so that I can have Taco Bell (wonderful comfort food) and I'm still going to stay under my calories. Try changing your exercise and just hang in there. It does get better and just think of how great you will feel when you meet your goal and can tell everybody who is rude now to shove it because you look great. :smile:
  • la4et
    la4et Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Easier to say than do but... Ignore the *kitten*! You will get yourself back on track and really, no one's opinion matters but yours. Good luck!
  • dc83
    dc83 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry that you have to deal with people like that in your life. It is hard enough dealing with a weight issue when you dont have people putting their two cents in. Don't get discouraged instead of heading to the kitchen when you get upset fill up your water bottle and head outside for a walk. Use it to fuel your body and show those people and yourself what you are capable of!
    I know its not always easy I'm having a hard time losing the weight as well but think of the weight you have lost ..6 LBS!!!!
    Thats GREAT!! and its only the beginning!
  • Families_R_Forever
    Options
    AHHHH really sorry you having not feeling great right now. You know what you are doing is for you and not THEM or HIM so give it your all, the best you can and show them that you can do it. We make our own happiness...don't let others bring you down. BE STRONG!!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • asteppaway
    asteppaway Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, I can never understand why people decide to be awful instead of caring and supportive of each other. Don't let it get you down, sounds like their opinions are pretty shallow and matterless. You should make only YOUR opinion matter at this time of your life and keep going strong! It's hard when you're not losing, but keep educating yourself, eating right and exersizing and it will happen! You've lost 6 pounds and that's an awesome start! Alure is right, do something terrific for yourself to remind yourself you are sooo totally worth all the effort and love you're giving yourself by getting healthy!
  • MissNova
    MissNova Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Just learn how to embrace yourself as a great person. Enhance your positives and ignore what people say. People will always have something to say, if you ignore them long enough they will disappear. Keep ya head up!
  • tlschlp
    tlschlp Posts: 54
    Options
    I also have been trying to lose weight and reached a plateau. I also have an ex who talks *to our kids* about how I am wasting "his" money with all my exercise videos, etc!

Don't feel bad!!!! This is a lifestyle change and you need to concentrate on that!!!! If people are criticizing you, don't listen to them! Seek out someone who can be your ally and your confidante. This is tough, there's no doubt. But, you started this, and you should finish this! FOR YOU, and no one else!

I agree that you should do something nice for yourself ... doesn't have to be expensive. Sometimes, for me, the "something nice" might just be a walk in the park. But, don't go to the food. It's a perpetual cycle of destruction to reach for food for comfort!!!!!

Research some strategies that might help you lose weight. Maybe look into different exercise workouts that would fit your schedule. Modify some of your calories for a jolt to your system. There are things to do. Just DON'T listen to those others who want to bring you down!

You are better than that and you deserve this!
  • taalibahdenise
    Options
    TJ, I'm so sorry to hear about your stall. The best advise I can give is to take care of yourself first. Self-care is what's missing. Comfort foods are temporary and make us feel miserable in the long-term (so I'm not sure if comfort is the best word; perhaps dillusional...) Find your strength from within -- imagine your beautiful, strong, and sexy self. What does she look like? Would she mind people talking behind her back or let them dictate how she lives? I wouldn't think so. You, like many of us, need a healthy dose of ego and a healthy body /mind to accompany it. Be strong and spring forward into the new you AND leave those foods alone that are keeping you in dark tunnels.
    Peace and Love
  • hgam1
    hgam1 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    oh babes (((hugs))) don't be sad. Don't worry about people talking behind your back....if people are going to be like that they are not worth knowing anyway. You've come this far (losing 6lbs), focus on that and be strong. Look to the future with a positive attitude and things will get better. The friends that count would accept you for who you are regardless of your weight so don't go worrying about it. Don't forget you are doing this for yourself and not your friends.Your ex is an "ex" that says it all! Keep your chin up. We have all been on this path at some point.....
  • trejon
    trejon Posts: 203
    Options
    HAPPY 40th Girlfriend! Sorry that some small people made you upset/sad/pissed off. They are nothing and not imporant! You make the choice to make them, their small thinking, their negative vibes, and their words have power. Do do not give them wings and allow them to fly. This is your airplane of life and you decide who flies with you, beside you, watch your soar or even who you need to just need to push the hell out of the plane at a high altitude and fast speed! Put yourself first and you will be better for you and your children! Hang in there. You have power that you never dreamed - turn on your jet engines and blow this the hell off.......
  • gingerra19800
    Options
    please dont let others make u stop wat ur doin and thats changing ur life for the better...i kno its hard..but its a lil at a time...i havent lost very much either..but i kno i feel awesome when i do try and if i even think of missin a day ..thats an extra day that its gonna take to lose the weight...its on ur time and ur pace and not theirs..and thats wat u need to member..u control ur life...not them...no matter wat i say idk if it will make u feel better..but just think about when u do look fantabulous after this journey...imagine wat they will say then..HATERS are always your best friends!!! member that!! its ur fuel to ur fire!! so get back into it YOU CAN DO IT!!! I HAVE FAITH IN YOU!!
    ginger :flowerforyou:
  • SherryJ
    SherryJ Posts: 10
    Options
    Don't be sad! Keep your head up. I know its hard to stay positive when you have negativity around you, but you can do it. Forget what others have to say and focus on yourself and what you have accomplished. 6 lbs is awesome! You will get back on track. We all have those cheat moments. You wanted to have fun at your party and not worry about what you were eating. But now you know you have to refocus on your goals. You will be fine. When you reach your goal you can tell all of those haters where they can go! :wink:
  • gillian_gail
    Options
    I know it's hard hun, but I believe that you can get through it. We've all been in that situation where we feel like just giving up. But the only thing that keeps me going is being able to prove people wrong. They think that we can't do it, and we don't want them to be right. So keep your head up and just look towards your goals. Other people's opinions of you don't matter. Only your opinion matters and I hope that you can still see just how beautiful and wonderful you really are.

And as always, you know I'm here for you if you need me :-)

--Gillian--
  • Chrissie_B
    Chrissie_B Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Just seen this post now I'm back home and on pc.. Dont listen to others ..Diss the negative types, theyre only jealous because youre being positve. Theyre energy vampires !! Get your favourite dance music on and thrash about with your little princess til you feel better and look at those Greece brochures ! you CAN do it !!!! xxx (ps not seen you on msn yet lol ) xx