17y/o, 110 pound girl does it...why can't you?

Options
It might be old, but I came across this video yesterday. I know very little about proper form on some of these things, so I don't know if she is doing everything right, but I found it very impressive. *WARNING* if you are at work or have little ears listening, or simply don't want to hear cursing, turn off the volume.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uO_jfEk-adw

I think it's really inspiring and motivational. Here you see this cute, tiny little thing, and she busts out moves a lot of adults can't do. Hell I'm just under 300 pounds and she could probably kick my *kitten*! :laugh: What do you think of the vid?

Replies

• juliana0813
    juliana0813 Posts: 49
    Options
    holy **** she is FIT! :o
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    holy **** she is FIT! :o

Right? I want an *kitten* like hers when I'm all done...
  • RobP1192
    RobP1192 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I've seen her videos for a while now, i'm sure she's been doing crossfit for a long time. Obviously movements the "average joe" isn't going to do. But anyone else that trains crossfit or heavy plyometrics will be able to do the same. Doesn't happen overnight though.
  • DalekBrittany
    Options
    Doesn't happen overnight though.

Yepp, just the point of it! :) If she can train to do all this and show most people up at a young age, what's stopping anyone else?
  • tigerlily8045
    tigerlily8045 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    And she does it all while smacking her gum...lol Love it!
  • DalekBrittany
    Options
    And she does it all while smacking her gum...lol Love it!

That was my favorite part! lol She made the first few lifts look like she was picking up paper while chewing that gum! haha.
  • schonkreuz
    schonkreuz Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    After watching the video I clicked on a few more in the side bar and noticed sooo many people posting rude comments about these girls. Things like get in the kitchen and complaining about their form. This disappoints me :( I can't wait until I can start lifting to show the boys how its done! (Stupid c section :grumble: )
  • DalekBrittany
    Options
    After watching the video I clicked on a few more in the side bar and noticed sooo many people posting rude comments about these girls. Things like get in the kitchen and complaining about their form. This disappoints me :( I can't wait until I can start lifting to show the boys how its done! (Stupid c section :grumble: )

First, unrelated, what a beautiful little nugget you have there! :D Congrats!

Second, I don't bother to read the comments on there, I'm just like, Check out this *****! And move on :laugh:
  • CassieLeigh86
    CassieLeigh86 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    This was perfect timing, as I've been trying to talk myself out of lifting all day! Thanks for the post :)
  • DalekBrittany
    Options
    This was perfect timing, as I've been trying to talk myself out of lifting all day! Thanks for the post :)

Welcome! Happy lifting!
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    My friends daughter is about the same. She's been doing cross fit and a few others for some time. She just started a boxing fitness gym and was literally knocking guys out. lol.
  • DalekBrittany
    Options
    My friends daughter is about the same. She's been doing cross fit and a few others for some time. She just started a boxing fitness gym and was literally knocking guys out. lol.

I love to hear that there are people that start at a young age. I realize I am still very young, but I even still wish I had started younger! Could've started my adult years off right.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    You have plenty of time sweetie. You are working on it now, and 'now' is all you've got.

Cheers.
  • DalekBrittany
    Options
    You have plenty of time sweetie. You are working on it now, and 'now' is all you've got.

Cheers.

Aw thank you :) Have a good day/evening!
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    That's a great display of raw power. I was hoping she'd have a spotter for some of the things she did...