roller coaster with no motivation

Options
Hello all,

I feel like I play this game of weight loss all the time. I know what to do, but don't have the motivation to do it. Once I feel good, I resort to old bad habits. BLAH

Replies

• constancelawson
    constancelawson Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    welcome to fitness pal. you will find a ton of help and friends on here that will help you get going, have fun and enjoy your new lifestyle :happy:
  • annerssju
    annerssju Posts: 111
    Options
    I feel your pain!!! I am the same exact way. I need to find motivation.... it's so hard. And I started back at the gym last week and atually GAINED 2lbs!! I'm telling myself that it's my muscles tightening up and so they are heavier and that's why I gained weight, but it's REALLY frustrating. I just LOVE to eat bad foods! And my hubby isn't helping... we used to be so good, going to the gym together and all that, but now that we have a one year old, it's just hard to stay motivated, it's definitely slipped on the priority list. But I'm TRYING to make it a priority again because I feel terrible right now. I have 16 lbs. to lose now ( 7 of which I gained back from being on vacation, tsk tsk!) But we can do this because we're worth it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am telling myself this all the time and checking MFP as much as possible to keep me on track.
    GOOD LUCK!
  • knittygirl52
    knittygirl52 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I've been going to a counselor, and he told me one thing that was very valuable and gave me an excellent tool.

The one thing he said: "Did you ever successfully lose weight before? (answer: yes) Then you have PROVEN that you are able to lose weight. You don't need to prove it again, it is a proven thing. If you did it once, you can do it again."

The tool: A book called "The Beck Diet Solution" by Judith Beck. It's what they call "Cognitive Therapy." She teaches you how to get your mind in the right place and keep it there. Some of the exercises seemed a little corny, but since I was paying the counselor the big bucks I figured I'd better do them anyway. I suppose it's a bit early to tell, but this may have changed my life.
  • nessaj
    nessaj Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Hiya

I find it hard to get my motivation up too... I've not long been on here and am hoping this will keep me on the straight and narrow. If you want to add me as a friend we can motivate each other (I find I'm much better at motivating others than motivating me!)

Good luck!
  • suzyanne
    suzyanne Posts: 50
    Options
    Nessa, I hear you loud and clear. I'm so much better at motivating others and feel, constantly, like I never do myself any favors. It's so frustrating and I've recently hit an all-time high in my weight. I'm so frustrated that I've seriously started to doubt that I'm doing the right thing. I eat pretty healthy, most of the time. I do allow myself to have days where I can splurge, but it isn't often. I must keep telling myself that I've done it before and I can do it again! I know the weight I looked and felt most comfortable with and that is my goal! I CAN ACHEIVE IT!!