Shakeology

Options
stacw1987
stacw1987 Posts: 206 Member
Does anyone have any experience with Shakeology? I have bought Insanity to lean up and just wondering if anyone teamed this up with the shakes?

Replies

• WickedGarden
    WickedGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    never appealed to me. It's a bunch of chemicals, preservatives and whatnot.

You can make yourself a healthier shake with pure protein powder and milk/soy/almond milk, and frozen fruit.

(I know there will be a few people on here that will swear by it, but I think eating clean will take you further in your goals)

EDIT: I did P90x twice without it, did great.
  • lisabundy5
    lisabundy5 Posts: 39
    Options
    LOVE it. It took a bit of adjusting to the taste but it's awesome. It has helped with my cravings, weightloss, energy level and I have NOT been sick since I've been drinking it, at all.
  • Chispasv
    Chispasv Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I just started it this week with a few other friends. Between us, we've purchased all the flavors and chocolate and strawberry are good. They don't have that chemically after taste that some shakes do. I met a registered dietitian through a work program on health and then connected with her through Facebook and found out she is a Beachbody coach. She loves Shakeology and is in awesome shape.

Since this is only my third day, I can't tell you much about the health benefits yet....but if you message me I can give you her FB info and you can ask her. She's pretty honest and is not at all a pushy sales person.
  • Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I thought it sounded nasty, compared the ingredients to slim fast, was satisfied that they were similar and used that because it was a fraction of the cost :laugh:
  • lisabundy5
    lisabundy5 Posts: 39
    Options
    It contains more than 70 natural ingredients derived from rich, nutrient-dense whole-food sources from around the world.
    Shakeology is so incredibly healthy, no other single food item out
    there can supply you with all the nutrients, vitamins, proteins, and
    minerals in the amounts you need the way one delicious shake can.

Not sure WHERE you got your info, but maybe a little more research would help.

for the creator of the post also....I recommend chocolate or strawberry. And slim fast does NOT compare, in no way shape or form!
  • WickedGarden
    WickedGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    It contains more than 70 natural ingredients derived from rich, nutrient-dense whole-food sources from around the world.
    Shakeology is so incredibly healthy, no other single food item out
    there can supply you with all the nutrients, vitamins, proteins, and
    minerals in the amounts you need the way one delicious shake can.

Not sure WHERE you got your info, but maybe a little more research would help.

for the creator of the post also....I recommend chocolate or strawberry. And slim fast does NOT compare, in no way shape or form!

you sound like a BB coach
  • affacat
    affacat Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    is Shakeology the vegan brand? I recently discovered it but haven't bought it yet. Everybody keeps talking about insanity/p90x though so i don't know if we're talking about the same thing. (i discovered shakeology purely through vegan channels, not fitness program ones).
  • stacw1987
    stacw1987 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all your feedback guys. :-)
  • tanman18
    tanman18 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Use vega's products they are amazing. I'm an athlete and i use them on a regular basis.
  • mamamia05
    mamamia05 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I enjoyed it & felt great when I was having a shake or two a day...can no longer afford it tho. I found it to be beneficial in managing my blood sugars and it inspired me to make good healthy food choices throughout the day. Obviously everyone has their own opinion, & rightfully so... mine was all positive :-)
  • Chispasv
    Chispasv Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    They do have vegan products.
  • darwinwoodka
    darwinwoodka Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    protein powder ftw.