Dieting for a cruise!

Options
I have 4 months to get this body ready for a bikini. I am almost 2 weeks in and I have only lost 1.5-2 pounds. I have been eating less than 1,200 calories a day and I'm doing NFL Training Camp 4 days a week on the Wii. Great way to get a 20-30 minute work out in. If you have a Wii you should look into it.

I always thought that a low calorie diet was the way to go but I am not so sure about that now....

I need to get these extra 25-30 pounds off ASAP, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Replies

• MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    You aren't eating enough.
  • alyhuggan
    alyhuggan Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    1200 calories is far too low, if anything you will end up putting on weight from your metabolism crashing.
  • JennFletcher83
    Options
    This site (My Fitness Pal) is the one who put 1,200 as my goal. I am eating right at that, every day.
  • marie_2454
    marie_2454 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    You aren't eating enough.

I second this! I actually lose faster and easier if I eat 1600-1700 calories while lifting heavy weights and running. Try upping your calories to at least 1500.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Are you eating exercise calories back??
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    This site (My Fitness Pal) is the one who put 1,200 as my goal. I am eating right at that, every day.

you just said you are eating less than 1200. which is a bs amount in my opinion, honestly. and if you are doing exercise (and i presume not eating those cals back), your metabolism is gonna slow down like woah, and make it harder to lose pounds. then when you go on that cruise, have drinks and food your body will gain faster than it would normally.

calculate your bmr and tdee. go that route. 1.5 to 2 pounds is not bad for 2 weeks, fast weight loss usually doesn't stay off and it just makes it more work for you in the long run. i would up those calories, drink plenty of water, keep up the exercise and i'm sure you'll look great on that cruise. good luck!
  • JennFletcher83
    Options
    I eat enough to keep full. It just so happens that is around 1,100 calories a day. I gain wait because of the bread/pasta I eat. Trying to work on that is not so easy when you are a vegetarian...
  • JennFletcher83
    Options
    I know 1.5-2 pounds is not bad but it is hard to be happy with that when my husband lost 8!!!!
  • codagene
    codagene Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Your body is storing food because you are not consuming enough calories. I suggest increasing your food intake to about 1800 to 2000 calories for a week or so. Every couple of weeks slowly decrease to a steady pace of 1600 to 1800 calories but no less. You also should rev up your exercise routine. We need about 45minutes per day at least five days per week. It is also important to add something new or change up your routine every week or so. Your body gets use to the same old thing, changing revs up fat burning. Good luck and I hope this helps!
  • Isakizza
    Isakizza Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    If you want to stick to 1200 calories, just eat back your workout calories and NET 1200 minimum.
    But yes, I also believe you are not eating enough, especially to fuel your workouts.

1-2 lbs/week is not bad at all by the way.

Good luck.
    :wink:

21525558.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • craigjmorton
    craigjmorton Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    You are dieting for a cruise?

I work on a cruise ship and I can tell you that the majority of passengers put on between 3 - 6kg of weight by the end of the cruise. You are going to be bombarded with food once you climb onboard...so you are going to have to plan ahead for the cruise and decide how you are going to eat and exercise onboard as well.
  • JennFletcher83
    Options
    Thanks for all the help! I will bring up my calories a few more hundred.

Any advice or thoughts on juicing???
  • Serah87
    Options
    You are dieting for a cruise?

I work on a cruise ship and I can tell you that the majority of passengers put on between 3 - 6kg of weight by the end of the cruise. You are going to be bombarded with food once you climb onboard...so you are going to have to plan ahead for the cruise and decide how you are going to eat and exercise onboard as well.

Yep, I agree. Just got back from a 5 nite cruise a couple of weeks ago. Yes tons of yummy food, gained 7 pounds, came off within a week!! :happy:
  • Serah87
    Options
    Thanks for all the help! I will bring up my calories a few more hundred.

Yes you will lose juicing but once you start eating you will gain it all back and maybe even more.
  • JennFletcher83
    Options
    This is my 9th cruise so I know all to well about gaining some back while on the boat!!!

I do this same old routine every year before I go. I should just work on keeping it off so I don't have to go through this every time.
  • Serah87
    Options
    This is my 9th cruise so I know all to well about gaining some back while on the boat!!!

I do this same old routine every year before I go. I should just work on keeping it off so I don't have to go through this every time.

Yes, slow and steady gets you to your goal!! Good luck. :happy:
  • MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options

Just eat your your food. I think juicing is stupid. And you lose fiber.

Also, of course your husband lost more than you. He has a different body. Men and women lose differently.
  • Live4theLift
    Live4theLift Posts: 329
    Options
    I know 1.5-2 pounds is not bad but it is hard to be happy with that when my husband lost 8!!!!

Not to burst bubbles but men lose weight faster due to increased muscle mass so its inevitable that he will lose more weight alot more quickly. you are eating to few calories, you will actually be losing muscle more than fat at that rate. Try upping your cals to 15-1700.