"Good" fat snacks...

Options
NakeshiaB
NakeshiaB Posts: 250 Member
I'm looking into cutting out my usual snack of fruit or cashews to something a bit "better" for me. Fruit is great, but I know I eat more than my body needs, and cashews aren't exactly filling so I probably eat more of them than I should. I love other nuts too but they get a bit boring after a while.

What are some examples of great snacks that contain "good" fats but low sugar? I've always just eaten fruit, nuts, museli bars or yoghurt so I'm not too educated on other snack ideas. Eggs are out, I know they are good for you but you will never get me eating one, I seem to gag on them and can't swallow! Any tips will be much appreciated...

Replies

• lizcaruso
    lizcaruso Posts: 1
    Options
    I have been making hommus and eating it with celery and cut red peppers...100 calorie snack
    The other one I love is frozen berries and natural yoghurt. I put it in my bag and by time 1030 comes around it has defrosted and the yoghurt mixes well with the syrup...low cal and yummy
  • evansproudmama
    Options
    Here's my faves:

*1/2 cup greek yogurt with 2 tbs sunflower kernals
    *Trader Joe's go raw trek mix (1/4 cup)
    *1 ounce cheese with a few ak mak whole grain crackers
    *Sliced Cucumbers with a side of hummus
    *Banana with a tbs of peanut butter or almond butter
    *1/4 cup whole unsalted almonds
    *A small to medium sized avocado baked in the oven
    *Hummus!! pretty much goes with any veggie or cracker or chip you would like to use it on
    *A piece of ezekial sprouted bread with a tbs of almond butter
  • NicGAlpha
    NicGAlpha Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Fruits are carbs. Avocados, almonds, sunflower kernels and peanuts have good fats. Maybe try having more peanut/almond butter :) Other than those and egg yolks, I can't think of may other good fats for snacking. Obviously oils are fats, and a lot of them are good fats, but they don't serve as snacks :P