i can do this

I must lose weight for my health and spend more time with my grandbabies.

Replies

• MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Well then, welcome. This site is an excellent tool.
  • jmv2012
    jmv2012 Posts: 15 Member
    I agree.
    Yes, you can do it and we are all here to support each other. Feel free to add me as a friend.
    /jmv/
  • Marlenelin
    Marlenelin Posts: 4
    I MUST lose at least 50 lbs to try to get my diabetes controlled. Supposed to be controlling with diet and exercise and have not been successful at it. I will be 62 next week. My mother and brother both died in their 60's of heart disease and diabetes. I want to make it at least to 70. I don't know if I can do this. I have a very stressful life. Thanks Marlene
  • royvor
    royvor Posts: 271
    Hi, A friend request has been sent. Welcome to MFP. You can reach your goals. Everything worth having in life is worth fighting for.

I am Yvette and I am 24 yrs old. I have battled being obese all my life. Losing weight and gaining it right back. I started at 227lbs and my current weight is 166 lbs. I am striving to meet my goal and lose the last 16 lbs of my weigth, but I know that I have to continue this lifestyle forever if I don't want to ever return to the old me. I am on here a lot to keep myself motivated and give support and encourgement. Lets encourage and help one another on this weightloss and fitness journey to a healthier us.
    We can do this
  • Marlenelin
    Marlenelin Posts: 4
    Hi Yvette. I'm new to this -- where do I find the friend requests? Sorry you have had to battle a weight problem. I weighed 83 lbs. when I got married in 1970. I put on a tremendous amount of weight in 1991 shortly after we adopted my daughter (who is now 23) when she came down with an incurable disease and required eleven surgeries in less than nine months to remove HPV tumors from her airway. She is 23 and in remission, but we are always guarded. I became diabetic ten years ago. I've got to lose the weight to save my life. I'm afraid to go back to the doctor. Take care and thanks. Marlene